1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROBLEM with Encoding with Tempgenc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by SansDaMan, Aug 19, 2004.

1. SansDaMan

SansDaMan Member

hi,
    i have done the steps as in the SVCD to VCD guide tells me to...

1. mount image on virtual drive

2. have openeded VCDEasy and click on the tools and then mpeg tools however my first problem is that according to guide
    "You will see CDXA2MPEG at the bottom of the program now." but i dont see that all i see is "sony, CD-RW CRX225E

3. then i have gone to the dat file button and gone to the virtual drive and gone to folder MPEG2 and opened AVSEQ01.mpg and then clicked MPEG file button and simply chosen my desktop for the site of the new file and at last convert it and this is what it says while converting it in VCDEASY
    [.dat to .mpg conversion]
    VCDImager 0.7.12
    RIFF data[715974708]
    CDXA RIFF detected
    CDXA fmt[16] = 0x00 00 00 00 15 55 58 41 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    CDXA data[715974672] (304411 sectors)
    ...converting...
    ...stripped 30 leading and 15 trailing empty sectors...
    ...extraction done (304366 sectors extracted to file)!
    [51s 843ms (.dat to .mpg conversion)]

4. then when its converted i open TMPGenc and do all the environmental settings and loaded too lame and ssrc and click browse "next to the video source" to load up the new file from my desktop BUT...
    PROBLEM-
    it says it cant open it or its unsuppoerted"

then when i load it onto the audio source it just loads onto it fine and output filename comes up

so far i cant load up the converted file whatever it is .dat .mpg or .whatever onto Tempgenc so can someone please at least tell me what i can do for my next step?

2. SansDaMan

SansDaMan Member

well i guess to make it short i am haveing trouble encoding the video part of the file becuase when i browse in tmpgenc and load up the file only the audio part of it comes up ... do i need a codec or something!
    thanks

3. FartDude

FartDude Guest

Hi there i see ur havin some trouble with svcds trust me they can be a real pain in the a@@, ok i see u have taken all the correct steps to extract a "true" mpeg file now ur prob is loading the video usin tmpge one thing to check is ur enviromental settings and check the vfapi tab here u will see all ur plugins for tmpge make sure u have a mpeg2 dec if u dont then u will need a dvd player software power dvd is best as i adds a mpg2 dec to ur plugins automatically this should solve ur problem

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

The Mpeg2 decoders that come with Tmpgenc suck and usually don"t even work....

Try installing this:

http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/m2v_vfp-0.6.47.lzh

Just copy all of the Files into your Tmpgenc Install directory and then Load the Mpeg file into tmpgenc and it should load no problem....

Cheers

5. SansDaMan

SansDaMan Member

hi for the first answer yes i do have the Cyberlink decoder for Mpeg2

now for the second reply :

i installed the mpeg2 , when it unzipped i copied the 4 files and pasted them into the Tmpgenc folder now i tried to load up the file after going through VCDeasy the file still doesnt load becuase it says its unsupported so what can i do? when i drag the file only the audio shows up not the video i used the GUIDE from this site so if someone could tell me what i am doing wrong the guide was called SVCD to VCD guide!

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well go into "options" to "Enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and and make sure the "M2V-VFP Plugin" is enabled and if it it is then raise it to the top of the List and then it should load....

Cheers

7. SansDaMan

SansDaMan Member

thanks so much for all the help ... i have used main concept encoder and then putting that files in TMPgenc actually worked and the file became 409 mb from 674 mb and then i burned it using nero 6, but it doesnt play on my dvd player which does play VCDs , and i opened up the CD on my computer and its a .dat file which i think is a VCD.

so i made the VCD and yet it doesnt play i think i just give up hehe i tried and i made it but it just doesnt work ...

2 NEW PROBLEMS- arose once i started installing all the programs to help me make a VCD...

1. also all the codecs - kazaa mega pack , etc i had installed i have deleted and now ONE BIG PROBLEM --- my windows media player nor my winamp wont even play regular movies that i had downloaded from Kazaa,

2. once i started installing all these VCD programs my AIM is lagging when i send an instant message it ddoesnt send it for 4 seconds... it freezes up for 4 sec
    if someone can just help me out with these last problems

thanks for all ur help