1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with encoding XVID AC3 avi to dvd with tmpgenc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by truplay89, Dec 29, 2004.

1. truplay89

truplay89 Member

Hello. Im have some avis that are xvid ac3 avi. i tried to encode to mp1 using tmpgenc and then i used DVD AUTHOR to make the VIDEO TS. The video comes out great,but i have no sound on the dvd. Can someone show me how i can retain the sound?

2. stardust

stardust Regular member

TMPGEnc doesn't like AC3. Open avi in VirtualDubMod, then goto Streams -> stream list -> demux. Write file name and save the AC3. Start BeSweetgGUI program. Locations: Select BeSweet.exe, your AC3 input file and target output file: C:\your folder\filename.MP3 (or MP2). Click 'AC3 to MP3' button and the process begin.. When ready, now you have audio separated from video in MP3(2) format.

Go again to streams -> stream list in VdubMod. Select audio -> disable. Then goto video tab -> direct stream copy. Save your avi without audio.

Now you have video without audio and audio track in suitable format for inputting them separately to TMPGEnc.

3. truplay89

truplay89 Member

thks for the info stardust so what other program are good to use to encode ac-3 avis other than tmpgenc

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Stardust just said it. BeSweet and its GUI. Choose, as profile, 'MP2 for SVCD' and go! In few minutes you'll have a brant MP2 file you can use as TMPGenc audio input.
    More than that, why author a DVD? Is your starting AVI 4.5 GB large? If it's smaller than that number, don't expect much more quality with respect a small VCD (352x240/288) even if you author a DVD (720x480/576) movie with it.

5. truplay89

truplay89 Member

thanks for the info but when i used virtual dub and besweet and then encoded them separately the final video ts came out off off sync(audio). i have reverted to just using nero vision express 3. It does a ok jobn with ac3 xvid avis

6. bertcache

bertcache Member

every1 has a problem with tmpgenc i highly recomend Cucusoft AVI to VCD DVD MPEG Converter Pro to convert avi to dvd

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  7. jisleyjr

jisleyjr Member

In besweetgui look for Append Silence of. Set it to 1000 ms, puts the audio back to were it needs to be.

when using tmpgenc have the output files be seperated(.m2v and .mp2)(or do select Video only option), after extracting the ac3 with vdMod, use besliced, fix it. Or you can do a AVI to WAV in besweet and let Adobe Encore DVD convert it to ac3 and to preview the video file(.m2v) and audio to check for sync. If the avi only has mp3 audio then do a AVI to AC3 in Bsweetgui, click on AC3 button to adjust bitrate.

I haven't wasted a blank disc yet useing this process.

Take your time and play around with programs until you figure out all the little stuff. Encore works for me, but it takes awhile to figured out all the options.

Good Luck