1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Final Fantasy X and HD Advance

Discussion in 'PS2' started by annec, Jan 26, 2005.

1. annec

annec Member

I bought a used copy of Final Fantasy X and it is damaged. (Plays for a little while, then black). I lost the receipt. I tried backing it up with several programs (Alcohol, DVDdecrypter). I finally succeeded in getting an image. I also dloaded it and the files are identical. I bought HD Advance to try to play backups (no luck), but I did have success with Winhiip and porting the hard drive to my PC with an external USB holder, and then loading the games directly onto the hard drive. The program can also load from a game in your CD rom drive, which I tried as both images I have of FFX didn't work. I've tried using no modes and modes 1,2, and 3 even though this game isn't listed on HD Advances site as having issues or not being compatible. The program did read the damaged disk, but the same thing happens when I go to play the game--nothing but black! Oh, I do have the Slide tool with my HD Advance. I've spent more time than its worth for the $9.99 I spent on the game, but I'm not ready to give up yet. This is a learning curve for me. Thanks in advance.

2. CatttDadd

CatttDadd Member

I really wish I could help because I would prob be able to help myself. I figured I would post as support to find an answer.
    I have the same problem with getting only a black screen with SmackDown VS. RAW and Soul Calibur 2.
    If anyone has an answer please post why we are only getting a black screen...

3. aslamraja

aslamraja Member

the black screen is normally when the ps2 tries to load the movie sequence and cant read it. it will continue to try to read it indefinatly. the only thing you can do is try to rescue the disc or if backup use a better wuality disc. there are a few places now that can actually remove scrathes of the discs not just clean them. I now the ff x works well on a hardrive cos i have it but i use hd loader. with regards to it can you please clarify that hd advance installs the game 100% with no errors?

4. annec

annec Member

Winhiip loaded the game without errors with the damaged disc in one of my computers' DVD/CdRom drives. (That is one of the options within Winhiip, the other is an ISO image). It read it with no problems, I was surprised because most programs get about halfway through and start with the read errors. I'll just go to Blockbuster and load it off their copy if I don't figure something out! Does the HD loader do backups good?

5. CatttDadd

CatttDadd Member

Ok well I found out the answer to why Soul Calibur2 and my smackdown vs raw dont work well soul calibur 2 isnt supported by HD advance and Smackdown vs raw needed the compatibility mode to be activated.
    I dont see FF-x as needing to use a compatibility mode activated but here is the site anyway for anyone else that has the same problem...
    http://www.hdadvance.com/hd_advance_compatibility.htm

6. annec

annec Member

Thanks for posting that link, CatttDadd. There is some good information on that site. I found out about that Winhiip program while browsing there. I think I googled to actually find the program, but it is free. I think it's on some PSX site.

7. CatttDadd

CatttDadd Member