1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with first build

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by jubjub123, May 25, 2012.

1. jubjub123

jubjub123 Member

Hey guys im having problems with my new build. currently it has in I5 2500k, asrock z77 pro4, gtx 560 ti, and a 500 w PSU, with 8g ram. I was able to install Windows 7, but my problem is that it sometimes freezes at the welcome screen, and iwould have to turn off the computer and try again. When i do get on dr about 5 minutes it freezes again. can any tell me what my problem is? thanks.

2. smoggie66

smoggie66 Regular member

try updating bios if u aready done so try resetting it.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

reseat your ram, try 1 stick of ram at a time if have at least 2 sticks. what is the cpu temp at freeze up time, check in bios for that?

4. shin117

shin117 Member

try the ram thing ddp mentioned. try a different graphics card (if you have acces to one) or try your graphics card in a different pc. try reinstalling windows. if you still have no luck it sounds like it could be your cpu or mobo/bios. oh also try a differnet psu. yes its all trial and error.

5. brianb2

brianb2 Member

That's probably it. If it keeps restarting the system then you'll certainly having temp problems.