1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Freezing

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nastynas, Dec 22, 2004.

1. nastynas

nastynas Member

I have a v7 PS2 modded with a Magic V chip for about a month now and everything was working fine until today. Whenever I pop in a backed-up DVD movie or PS2 game, it loads fine and everything but then it freezes randomly during the playback or loading of the game/movie.

I don't think it's my system or the type of media I use because it boots up fine and it loads everything past the PlayStation logo screen. Just when the the game/movie is actually playing or loading it freezes. I'm thinking it's either my laser/lens or the mod chip.

I'm totally clueless as to what to do. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. samhurley

samhurley Guest

This started happening to me then it got more regular and eventually the games didnt boot up at all. I needed a new lens/laser.

3. nastynas

nastynas Member

Thx for ur reply.

I have no idea if it's actually my laser lens or the mod chip cuz some backed-up games worked fine while others kept freezing. And those games that kept freezing were working fine for a month or so till today. :S

4. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Try cleaning your laser.

5. nastynas

nastynas Member

Ok I opened my PS2 and cleaned the laser lens and I also tried rotating the white thing to different positions, but to no avail.

I'm beginning to think it might be the media I'm using cuz my original games work fine and some back-ups don't while others do.

Any other suggestions?

6. penguin77

penguin77 Member

it happens to me to the ps2 39001 v7 magic 3.1 it worked perfectly at first then like after the warranty it started messing up lol it froze at random and i tihnk its cause maybe its a clone modchip im not sure but sometimes the game would lag sometimes like freeze for a second just get a better blank dvd disk i dont no how to change the modchip if u find out post here ok