1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem With Freezing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by joshminer, Apr 6, 2005.

1. joshminer

joshminer Guest

Hello, I have a SONY DRU-710A/16x/8.5gb/doublelayer dvd burner and when i burn certain movies (with nero) They freeze when i play the cd. but works fine before i burn it, but every time it freezes on the same exact spot can anyone help me!!! ?

2. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Sounds like a media problem. What media are you useing and what is the MID code? What speed are you burning?

3. joshminer

joshminer Guest

the media type is dvd+r. (MID code) --> YUDEN000T02.
    Max speed(which i think is 16x). would reducing speed or anything else help me?

Love, Joshie Poo

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Id normally have said that it would probably be a media related issue , but that media code refers to Taiyo Yuden x8 disc which I use myself & do not have freezing playbacks problems.
    Is your DVD player maybe a little old , or are you burning them at more than x8 due to f/w hack perhaps ??
    I do know that TY blank media burns fine using Pioneer drive(s) , so unless they're problematic just with certain burners [which I doubt] .. I'd say you've got pretty good media.
    Maybe as last resort decrease burn speed , although you shouldn't have to

5. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Neverm ind that Like he said maybe older dvd player maybe burning to fast, are their other programs running in the background when you burn? Try using buddies player kids etc. OK Joshie Pooh. ---zen-->

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Ya I have to agree. I would first try burning at a slower speed, 4x 2.4x etc. I doubt the problem is media related now since it is TY. Might be a compatability problem with your set top player and +r media but that would usually cause a non-recognition problem as opposed to freezing. Try burning slower and let us know how it turns out.

7. joshminer

joshminer Guest

well when i play the dvd in my computer with WINDVD. it freezes at the same spot. but the file that it came from works fine so its not the media. Its something along with the burning process ill try reducing speed and making sure nothing is running. Any other suggestions?

8. joshminer

joshminer Guest

I figured something out here. In nero record settings i had the speed on *max* and there are 3 other choices (8x , 6x , 4x) and my cd cases say 120mins/4.7gb (*up to 8x speed*). So i figure im burning it at probably around 16x (says up to 16x on the burner box). Which is twice as much as the recommended speed. Can someone concur on this?

Love, Josh to/Da PimpiZzLe

9. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

HENCE , YOU HAVE BAD BACKUP DVD-R'S, Try it at 4x max it is not long to wait, for a quality backup. See how that works then if any probs ask then.