1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Friday Night Lights

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by anubis1, Jan 23, 2005.

1. anubis1

anubis1 Guest

I am having a problem with Friday Night Lights. I use Decrypter in the file mode, but it stops at 49% and has 2 read errors and like 200 retries. I looked and didnt see any other posts about this movie. Shrink stops at 54% when encoding if I use it first. What do I need to do???

Sony Vaio
    P4
    3.2 ghz
    512 ram
    sony dvd rw dw-u14a

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Are you serious?? Ya didn't look very hard.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/151167
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/143528
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/149045
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/149727
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/149229

Those are just a few w/ the words "Friday Night Lights" in the title threads. There are more that discuss Friday Night Lights (some in the Forgotten threads)

3. offset

offset Regular member

Try this, if you don't mind movie only. Instead of running DVD Decrypter in [bold]file mode[/bold], run it in [bold]ifo mode[/bold]. DVD Decrypter will select the main movie files. Then just switch DVD Shrink to [bold]re-author[/bold] and locate your recently decrypted movie and drag [bold]title 1[/bold] over to [bold]dvd structure[/bold]. I just backed Friday Night Lights up a few minutes ago, and it works like a charm.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  4. bbamx68

bbamx68 Guest

go to msn.com and in the search type VOBBLANKER,download the program,it runs thru the disk and removes the threads that prevent shrink from copying it.If you download the vob blanker what you do is insert the dvd into your drive,in the input file box click your dvd drive,in the output box choose a place on your harddrive you can store the blanked file(I name mine after the movie but put blanked after the title)the program will go to a gray screen while it reads your disk,thenin the top big box you will see all the disk files(click once on one of them) on the right side you will see 5 buttons,the fifth one says process all.at the very bottom of the screen you will see a three buttons,the middle one says process(click it)the program will start to run the files(should take about 5 to 7 minutes to process them all.after its done open dvdshrink and click get files and find the file you saved your movie to (video ts)click it and shrink will start to read the file.place advdr disk into the dvd recorder and shrink should burn the movie(I ad to delete the french version of the movie to fit it on a dvdr disk but hey who needs the french anyway.I use this all the time and it works great.some have problems but thats because they dont understand what they read.Good luck and good burning

5. kdob

kdob Member

I used DvD Shrink and Nero along with AnyDvD running in the background. Re-author'd mine of course with main title. No problems at all.

6. anubis1

anubis1 Guest

bbamx68, i did just what you said but i got an error. it said input error: reached end of vob to early.

7. bbamx68

bbamx68 Guest

Sounds like you only hit the process button on the botton,you need to hit the process all button on the right side and have at least one of the file highlighted(left click on file once only)if you miss the first process all button and then hit the button at the bottom of the program you will only blank that file that was highlighted

8. anubis1

anubis1 Guest

no i did it just like you said. i went back and made sure i hit process all. it still gives me that stupid error. it does just what you said until i get to that point. it goes gray and it scans the movie. just when i click process it gives me that error.

9. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

I just did this movie(movie only).In shrink, clicked reauthor, dragged to the left pane. Removed all audio except 5.1 english and all sub pictures except english. then create ISO and burn with decrypter. There is no special encryption that I can see unless its for the whole dvd like Bourne Supremecy.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  10. surf714

surf714 Member

The method suggested by Offset (IFO mode and Re-author) worked for me. I used Nero for the burn engine (via DVDShrink) and the movie came out fine.

11. bballcj33

bballcj33 Member

I also had problems with friday night lights and the only succesful way of backing it up for me was to use dvd decryptor to create an .iso of the movie and then opened it up with dvd shrink and made a compressed iso of the main movie only....the movie did not seem to work with menus included : ( and afterwards you might want to delete the 7 gig file that dvd decryptor made.

12. bbamx68

bbamx68 Guest

anubis1 ,You say the screen goes gray and then you click process, I said to left click on one of the files on that big box so it turns blue,then click the button on the right side that says process allThen go to the bottom and click the process button,You need to hit both buttons to process all the files,if you only push the process button at the bottom you will only process one file not all the files...There are no short cuts in this program.

13. opticwire

opticwire Member

yeah man the menus are whack with this movie. re-author mode has backed this movie up twice for me, main movie and special features only, but who needs a menu lol.