1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with gta sa

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by kulraj14, Nov 15, 2004.

1. kulraj14

kulraj14 Member

i have tried to back up gta san andreas but it gets stuck at loading screen, i have used dvd dycrpter and nero 6 and i have verbatim dvd-r disk and i have swap magic. when i burn on dvd dycrpter i click on the iso file to burn on to the disk but it says you should have clicked on the mds file, ill do it for you now but do not do it agian and on nero 6 im not sure which type of burning i should do, i did it on the copy dvd one but should i do it on the burn image to disk

2. joker82

joker82 Member

I had the same problem and i USED DECYRPTER AT 1X SPEED AND TRY USING MEMOREX OR TDK BLANK DVD'S i'VE USED MEMOREX AND IT WORKED ALRIGHT. aS FOR THE LOADING SCREEN IT DOES TAKE AWILE SO JUST BE PATIENT AND PRESTO.

3. teggy

teggy Regular member

Always use decrypter. That message telling you that u shd have selected the other file appears each time you select the MDF file.

Hey Joker, without that slow motion cheat is your GTA:SA graphics still dissapearing sometimes. I read on these forums that Ritek G04 give perfect results for GTA:SA. Reason i'm saying, is that them discs are meant to be the best and the guy who got a perfect copy with no dissapearing graphics has the same dvd burner as me so try Ritek G04.

4. pirkster

pirkster Member

I don't think 'disappearing graphics' is a media problem.

I think it's just how GTA:SA was coded. I run the original off my hard drive, and have noticed there are some buggy graphics. For instance, the spawning buildings, trees, and cars are normal. It was a judgement call the game producers made, and I am not overly distracted by it. They spawn in the distance, so it's not too noticeable even if you're in a fast vehicle.

Also, in rainy and/or foggy weather the graphics deteriorate worse than in previous titles. This again, is normal and the game producers must have felt this was acceptable. I disagree with them on this point, and find the rainy sequences in GTA3 and Vice City to be preferable to GTA:SA. I suppose they had to trade that off because they removed the "streaking" "trailing effect."

If there was a media problem, then it would have caused missing code, which would make a game unplayable. Graphics don't 'degrade' because of media problems. Either the code is on the disk, or it's not on the disk. And if it's not on the disk, you can't play it.

5. teggy

teggy Regular member

Well I can play it and am still playing it, but by graphics dissapearing I don't mean draw distance and pop up. I mean that textures go from buildings & roads, then soon enough entire stretches of map dissapear. So i'm found crashing into walls that I cannot see. Of course they reappear but when, I cannot tell because sometimes it can be ten minutes and sometimes two.

The backup was made from a brand new disc, with no scratches. Backing it up went without a hitch so I don't know why this happens. Unless this is normal even in the real game.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  6. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

That kind of problem is either the media your using or your ps2 laser.

7. teggy

teggy Regular member

It may be the laser, as my ps2 won't read some ps1 games or the swap magic cd. But all my other backups run fine, real games run fine & movies run fine. DVD-r movies run fine also.

All my backups are on the same media, however I am going to try and get some Datawrite Ritek G04 DVD-r's to see if the problem is the media or the laser.

8. joker82

joker82 Member

sorry ive been gone so long but my ps2 is being fixed right know my mother board is gone but anyway so ritek is a very good media aey! But were do I get it and how cheap is it and how much can you get in a pack. im in boston mai never seen them or I just didn't look hard enough becasue I always get name brand such as tdk or memorex