1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with HDTV hooked up through HDMI

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bobofgold, Mar 21, 2007.

1. bobofgold

bobofgold Member

Hiya
    I'm running Windows Vista with a DVI-HDMI cable through my HDTV which has a native resolution of 1368x1024. Everything up and running fine but when I tell windows to display itsel fin my displays native resolution the display is shifted slightly to the right... Basically just enough so that the sidebar is missing and there is an equally sized black bar down the left hand side. When I change the display to 720p the display goes quite blurry but when I put it into 1280x1024 it is fine though slightly stretched. Anybody got any ideas what might be causing this?
    Cheers

2. XPBPROX

XPBPROX Member

well i heard the vista has been having some problems with graphics cards. But I would like to know what kind of graphics card you have. Maybe try swiching the tv to main display if you have the comp hooked up to the tv and the comp screen. Also try using a diffrent connection on the graphics card. You may want to see if you card has a tool for moving the screen

3. sd72667

sd72667 Regular member

ATI or NVIDIA card?

4. bobofgold

bobofgold Member

Hi
    Sorry yeah I have an Nvidia 6800 ultra. The TV is my only display so is already set as my main display and the problem has existed since before I upgraded to Vista. Unfortunately the new Nvidia drivers allow you to do very little (how I miss the classic view...) so I don't think you can simply move the screen across.