1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Incredibles

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Bunnsta, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Bunnsta

Bunnsta Member

The other day i tried to back up the Incredibles using DVD shrink and something went wrong. It backed up to my hard drive without a problem but then when it started writing to the cd an error came up about half way through and it shut down. any idea how to fix this or any ways around this?

2. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

Ummm...any idea what the error said. Can you give anymore information into your problem? Just saying that an error came up about half way through and it shut down, isn't enough info.

FYI..I backed this up using DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink and then DVD Decrypter just the other day without any problems...reauthor mode, main movie only.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  3. Bunnsta

Bunnsta Member

thanks ill try the reauthor mode and see what comes up

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

No problem when i did main-movie only on dvd shrink and nero.

"when it started writing to the cd an error came up about half way through and it shut"

I hope you meant DVD and no CD!

What program/s are you using to burn?
    What is the brand name/speed/and format of your blank media?
    How fast are you trying to burn it?

5. brobear

brobear Guest

Bunnsta
    First of all, I'd like to know the equipment being used. List the brand and model of PC, CPU and speed, amount of RAM, hard drive(s) size and amount of free space, brand and model of optical drives , and what is the operating system. Also, the media questions Saugmon asked need to be answered. With the answers to all these questions, we'll have a better picture of what's going on.

6. terri1208

terri1208 Guest

I used Anydvd , and dvd clone, no problems

7. brobear

brobear Guest

I use a lot of different software and don't have problems. However, I've been doing backups for a while now. We're working on a Shrink problem right now.

8. Bunnsta

Bunnsta Member

Ok i just reauthored it and it worked perfectly. i dont remember the exact error. Maybe it was something in one of the extras that wasnt burnable. i dont know but it burned the movie only and it plays with no problems. for the technical aspects of my computer. I am runnin on XP home contemplating switching to 2000 pro if anyone has input it would be much appreciated. I run a 2.4 pentium 4 1gm 2100 DDR ram. HD 7200rpm i believe HD 100GB with 86 free. and the drive im burning with is a no name i got from FRY's.

9. slepdrunk

slepdrunk Member

I made one copy with no problem but 4 costers after. I tried vobblanker, and only the previews transferred. the only thing that worked was reauthoring the main movie. shrink and nero is what i used. did anyone have trouble w/ the second disc?

10. DarnIT

DarnIT Member

Hi, I just tried the same thing with The Incredibles and it refused to back up and popped up something saying "copyright protection error" From reading most of the forums about this problem it seems doing something called *reauthor* helped. I am very new to this so how exactly do I work reauthor on dvd shrink?
    And another thing, how do u use dvd decrypter to dvd shrink and burning off decrypter again? Can I get step by step instructions on how to do all of this? I think thats how it goes from the instructions in the forums. I'm really new to this and barely understand anything so any help would be great, thanks so much!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  11. slepdrunk

slepdrunk Member

when you reauthor on shrink its lets you pick what you want to burn. click on the reauthor icon look for the main movie. and double click on it. then back up. and from there burn the movie w/ your writing prog.

12. brobear

brobear Guest

Bunnsta
    Since I've been using AnyDVD, I've been able to copy the entire disc on the newer movies without problems. Doing the movie only often eliminates the structural encryption the studios are adding to the new DVDs. So, that is why the Re-author works.

13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

just this second finished copying the incredibles, but then again i only ever do 'movie only'.

i'm just a Big Kid can't wait to watch it again

14. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member