1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Amy33, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Amy33

Amy33 Member

I have two user accounts on this computer. Well a few days ago Internet Explorer 6 stopped working for one user. He would recieve the message this page cannot be displayed no matter what website he tried to view. We thought downloading Internet Explorer 7 would help, but he still gets the error, and it works fine for me. I'm using Windows XP. We have Firefox, but he would really like to be able to use Internet Explorer if anyone can please help me.

2. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member

What brand and model computer. Windows XP, service pack 1(SP1), or service pack 2(SP2) Who is your Internet service provider? Are you familiar with using system restore, or system recovery? Do you know how to use disk clean up, defragment, safe mode? Trying to get an idea of your computer experience.

Try this first. GO TO USER ACCOUNT WITH PROBLEM> START> CONTROL PANEL> SWITCH TO CLASSIC VIEW> INTERNET OPTIONS. On the GENERAL TAB, what is displayed in the HOME PAGE window? Type exactly what you see. Now click on CONNECTION TAB, what is displayed in the dial-up and virtual Private Network settings window? Below which is selected. Never Dial a connection?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  3. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

if firefox works for you, then i have just the thing. forget using the internet explorer one and use this

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

its just the same as firefox but a tabbed internet explorer. it works great.