1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with ISO

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Merlock, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Merlock

Merlock Member

I'm trying to run Final Fantasy Tactics ISO (the PSP version) it runs smoothly until a spell or special ability is cast and then it slows down and the sound becomes out of sync. I have my processor speed set to 333 MHz. Has anyone had any experience with this or know why it may be happening?

thanks

2. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

It could be a bad dump.
    If it's in .cso format, then convert it back to .iso format using CiSO converter.

3. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

It is not a bad dump, that is how the game is made. It has been talked about all over the place, many actions used while playing result in slowdown....as far as I know there is nothing you can do to remedy this.

4. Merlock

Merlock Member

Thanks for replies. This is crap. I've looked around and yes it seems to be an issue in the game for everybody. Anybody know if the psp slim handles it better? i'm ready to go back to my psx version. I'll take gameplay speed over cinematics any day.

5. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Nope the same thing applies to the slim. I agree, if you dont care for the added content, by all means convert your psx version to an eboot and play the game.

6. Merlock

Merlock Member

I'm so disappointed. This is one of my all-time favorite games. I was looking forward to the online capabilities but I don't think many people will be in on it with this slowdown issue. Some people mentioned seeing it in the PSX version but I've never had any problems with it on the PSX or on the PSP. The game got good reviews everywhere but for me this is a deal breaker. There is no room for any slowdown in a game like this.
    sigh.. maybe they'll do better with the ff tactics advance sequel for the GBA. would've preferred a sequel to the original... :(

7. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

I hear ya, Final Fantasy Tactics was my favorite ps1 game. Think I put around 80 hours into on the ps1, and I wasnt even close to mastering the game.

I am about 20 hours into this version, the slowdown is annoying but I have got use to it. Think of the slowdown as a special effect!