1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with liteon burner

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by reneemig, Mar 15, 2007.

1. reneemig

reneemig Member

i hope this is the right forum for this.
    i bought a new dvd burner (liteon shw-160p6s)and for some reason i cant burn to a dvd-r it will play a cd,cd-r,dvd,dvd-r,and will burn a cd-r,and to a dvd-rw but will not burn to a dvd-r.I have tried everything,i upgraded the firmware to psob and contacted liteon but no help yet when i try dvd decrypt it will read the blank dvd but does not reconise the disc id i gives me a disc id of 0@P-!-00 no matter what blank dvd i put in iuse only sony or verbitum dvd-r any help with this would be greatly appreciated

2. JVC

JVC Active member

Try this:
    Go into your Device Manager, and find your drive. Right click on it, and choose "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install new a driver for you.

Have you tried a +R disc?
    Good luck!

3. ironD

ironD Guest

I am one that runs exclusively liteon, and I don't burn -R's just doesn't seem to like them. Have heard the same thing out of other liteon users. +R's are the only way to go.

D

4. blake123

blake123 Guest

mine burns them fine,and thats the only burners i buy to.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2007
  5. JVC

JVC Active member

My LiteOn burns -R discs just fine. I just prefer to burn +R discs, and booktype them to DVD Rom, so they're more compatible with players.