1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with merging in Nero Visionexpress

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by dabusman, Sep 4, 2004.

1. dabusman

dabusman Member

Hello,
    I have a 1:12:00 concert that is 2 VOB's: VTS_1_01.VOB & VTS_1_02.VOB. I merge these as one title in Nero Vision Express. When it is burned, there is a 1 second blurp of black going from one VOB to the other. The total size is around 1.670 gigs. The first vob is 1 gig, the other 665,000kb. If I recode this in TMPgen author, no problem. Is this because Nero editing has those stupid transistion/wipe boxes in the storyboard editor? I really like Nero's menu options over TMPgen but this is annoying. Any suggestions??

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You should Have Ripped the Vob files as a single Vob file in the First Place then you wouldn"t have to worry about Joining them later.....Both DVD Decryptor and Smartripper have the Option to rip the Movie as a single Vob file....

You know that Vision Express will allways Re-encode your Video files when authoring them to DVD which can ruin the Quality and takes a Lot of Extra Time...And the encoder in Vision Express is probably the worst one ever created....

If you want a DVD authoring program that has awesome Menu Features and will never re-encode your Files then you should check out "MediaChance DVDLab" it also allows you to Put SVCD Files on to DVD so you can get 3+ movies on a DVD-R.....

Cheers

3. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

a few questions :)

where did the VOB's originally come from?
    are you wanting a menu or something with it?

as Minion mentions you could have ripped it as 1 file if you ripped it yourself but you don't even need NVE if you have menu's on the original you would like to keep

4. dabusman

dabusman Member

The problem is, the disc is broke into 4 VOBs but none of them are set as a starting point for each concert. They over lap. If I save the wole disc as one VOB I still need to re author the one concert I want through either Nero recode or DVD shrink reauthor. Getting the concert footage is no problem, it's when I put this into Nero express it makes it two VOBs that will not record seamlessly.
    I don't want the menus off the disc but want to create my own and like the options using Nero.
    This isn't a problem with TMPgen author so I may just have to settle for its Menu builder.
    I just don't know why Nero would create a storyboard program that forces transition/wipe boxes between each segment. All in all, Nero6 is proving to be pretty useless.

5. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

use IFO Mode in DVDDecrypter and grab the PGC that contains the concert. Also change the File Splitting to none in the IFO Mode options

this way you can grab the concert you want as one big file to drop into NVE ;)

if the PGC contains all the concerts then use the chpater selection options as that will surely get rid of the stuff you don't want