1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Monster Hunter

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Games' started by Eldron, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Eldron

Eldron Member

Hi,
    I had a look through old posts, but couldn't find anyone who's had the same problem.
    I just downloaded Monster Hunter Freedom - There are just not enough good RPG's on for the PSP yet.
    But when i want to start the Game and create a character i can't enter a name - so i can't start the game. It just won't let me choose any letters, i tried all buttons but nothing happens. Same if i want to choose a hair colour - i can change the colour, but can't leave the Hair colour menu...
    Has anyone had this before? any ideas? Would really love to play the game.
    Another thing that's a bit strange is that the letters in the menu are not straight. they look a bit like a wave, like _-_-_-_-_- One letter is a bit higher, next is normal, next one is lower, next one normal...?
    I'm running version 3.03oeC.
    Would be cool if anyone's got an idea, otherwise i'll just try to download another copy.

2. Kurrpt

Kurrpt Member

its most likely a bad iso/cso file

I just got this game about 4 days ago, and I'm running 3.03 oe-c. I didn't have any problems creating a character and playing a few missions

I'd download it somewhere else

3. Eldron

Eldron Member

Hi,
    i've now tried 3 different versions, ranging from 350mb to 730mb and it's always the same problem.
    it won't let me enter the name when i create my character (or at least no button seems to be doing anything) and all the letters seem slighty out of place, or is that normal?
    which keys do u normally have to use to choose the letters for your name?

4. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

Just get the biggest file you can get of the game and then it should be okay. If the file is smaller it means that someone has edited the rip. And if you have a problem with entering the characters then it might be because someone has accidently modified the rip wrongly.

5. Eldron

Eldron Member

Yeah, that's what i thought, but it's been 3 different sized rips now and they've all got the same problem.
    Plus some of the rips have got comments on the download site and it seems to be running alright for everyone else...

6. Kurrpt

Kurrpt Member

besides having the HOLD engaged, I really don't know what to tell ya boss

I could link you to the one I downloaded, but from what you're saying, it probably wouldn't do much good