1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with movie named "Because I said So"

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Rick6, May 3, 2007.

1. Rick6

Rick6 Regular member

I ran this through DVDShrink and discovered that it would only burn the French audio not the English. I'm scratching my head on this one.
    I guess Sony have come up with yet another attempt to foil us.
    I could use some help , since I don't have any desire to learn French.I put it through DVDfab and that didn't help either. I have just downloaded the latest version of Fab and am trying it again now as I speak. I am doubtfull this will work.

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

how about using vobblanker or fixVTS before using shrink?
    what program are you using to burn?
    Nero?

How about trying Recode2 if you have nero?

PS. whats up with you thread title?

3. Rick6

Rick6 Regular member

The thread title "Because I said so" is the name of the movie I am trying to back up
    Yes I am burning with Nero
    I have tried the latest version of DVDFab and I still only get the French audio. I don't want to try Recode2 because I know nothing about using that one. However I have used VobBlanker along time ago and I could give that a try.
    I really hoped that someone had already over come this situation and could pass the solution along to me. But perhaps it's too early yet, as this only came to the store today and doesn't get officially releasted for another 5 days.

4. Rick6

Rick6 Regular member

Ok... I have tried VobBlanker and had no luck with that either. I was able to get some results with DvdFab .The english audio came through ok but I ended up having to settle with a back-up copy that is 76% compressed. I would still like to find away to run this movie through DVD Shrink.. I'm not all that concerned with this particular title (Because I said so) I'm more concerned with future titles that I care about and having the same problem with them. I like using DVD shrink and would like to stick with it. With a house full of kids and 3 dogs , backing up my originals has proven to be a good idea. I have used shrink for about 2300 back-ups and this is the first time I have been stuck. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

5. surfgeo

surfgeo Regular member

@Rick6
    if you have burned 2300 backups i'm sure you know that shrink won't do many current releases due to various anti-copy protection schemes. Since this movie won't be officially released in the USA until next Tuesday it's possible that neither DVDFab nor AnyDVD have been able to examine and defeat any new Sony anti-copy schemes. i suspect that within a day of the official release updated versions of both DVDFab and AnyDVD will do the job. It might be worth trying FixVTS in addition to VOBBlanker... run it through FixVTS first, then VOBBlanker... though it sounds like you have a working backup already.

6. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Sorry about the thread title as i forgot that dvd was coming out soon.

What version of VobBlanker to you use?
    If it is a sony dvd, then you have to use the latest version of VOBB
    which is 2.1.3.0. get it HERE
    What should work is Rip w/ DVDFab3.1.0.8 then process the folder with VOBB(newest version), then use the new folder with shrink.

like surfgeo said are you using shrink by itself?

When you say this do you mean that the english audio in shrink is unchecked?

BTW Nero recode2 is made by the same people that made shrink and is very similar to shrink.

7. Rick6

Rick6 Regular member

Quote...if you have burned 2300 backups i'm sure you know that shrink won't do many current releases due to various anti-copy protection schemes.

In fact, I have used Shrink on all 2300 back-ups. And there are many (almost all of the good ones) new releases. Once in a while I have to run it through DVD Fab first and on the rare occasion I have had to use VOB Blanker. But always it ends up going through shrink , where I can set it up the way I like it.

My VobBlanker is a very early version, so I will down load the newer one.
    Yes the Shrink is set up to copy the English but not the French or any other languges.
    Perhaps I should check out Recode2, although I love the Shrink.

There I have tried to answer everyones questions. I thank you all for your help. This has been a great site for help in these matters. About the only improvement I might suggest on this site is a spell checker.

If anyone finds a fix for the movie in question please let me know. I know longer have the original copy. The dog ate it just before I backed it up (not) so I won't be able to try the newer VobBlanker on it. Still I do need to know how to over come this problem for the next time. Thanks again.
    Rick.

8. syxguns

syxguns Active member

On that note I say that yes you should try Recode2. As was stated it was designed to run very similar to DVD Shrink. I'm not in any means dogging Shrink because it is a great program. However, Recode2 is just as good, and some like it better.

Download Firefox 2 from http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/ it has a spell checker on it.

Another place you can get a free spell checker is http://tinyspell.m6.net/ TinySpell is free and auto starts when you start your PC. This feature may be disabled of course. It will alert you to spelling errors on everything you type. If you have certain passwords that it considers a misspelled word you may add it to your dictionary.

I'll let you know how to handle the movie when it is released. What is your region code?

9. Rick6

Rick6 Regular member

Thanks very much for those spell checker sites.
    My region code is region 1 and I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with regarding the "Because I said so" movie.

10. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Do you still have the original Folder ripped by DVDFab?

also i used to use shrink all the time but when i tried recode2 i haven't used shrink since, BTW it is faster than shrink too.

i will post info on that dvd when it comes out.

11. Rick6

Rick6 Regular member

No, I no longer have the original folder.

12. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Rick6-
    I used DVDFab 3.1.0.8, then used VobBlanker, then used Shrink. I kept full menu's and extras, just removed trailers, FBI, etc. I was able to get the movie done at 65% compression. I used Advanced Analysis with sharp selected and came out with a great copy.

Now I normally do not shrink a film with less than 70% but the difference with using Advanced Analysis is very little. it takes a lot longer to shrink the film, but the quality is still very good.

I normally use different programs to do all of my movies. But many people still like the free programs and that is why I showed you that it could be done simply.

With the programs I use, I can remove anything including menu's that I do not want displayed. I can customize my menu's to not say things like "Directors Commentary", or "Previews". Unfortunately you have to have "paid for" programs to do this.

DVDRMP, Adobe Premier, Adobe Encore, or for still menu's which I do a lot, I have Adobe Fireworks. You still have to have rippers to get the job done, but with the use of these programs I will be able to get that movie compressed at 70% to 75%.

Anyway, the movie is pretty simple and all done with free programs. You can use an additional free program called ImgBurn to burn the movie. I personally think that ImgBurn is one of the best burning softwares available. If you know how to use the build feature you do not even have to compress your file to a ISO image.

Edit: to make correction

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  13. paiger651

paiger651 Regular member

I had no problems with this movie.Use Ripit4me first before you run it through Shrink.

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Shrink is still a good transcoding and editing program even if people knock it because the decryption software isn't the best. It never was. The author said to use DVD Decrypter if something went wrong. I suppose if Shrink was still supported one of the other top decryption tools would be suggested. Shrink is a good transcoding and editing program that rivals the current retail offerings. Just about all of the current transcoder offerings need an auxialiary decryption program to bypass the copy protection and decryptiion. Why not extend the same method to Shrink without knocking the program?

paiger651 just claimed doing a good backup with RI4M. That means there's not likely any new copy protection. A good decryption tool is apparently all that's needed and Shrink still gets the job done. Besides RI4M there is DVDFab HD Decrypter from DVDIdle. On the newer and more difficult copy protections you may want to use FixVTS to help insure DVD compliance. Another nice thing about having ripped files to work with, you can check your source to see if the problem is there. Normally Shrink will record everything unless it is unchecked.

15. bigclay2u

bigclay2u Guest

I just burned 3 copies of "Because I Said So" Use ripit4me "Rip It 4 Me" you will have NO problems trust me.

16. Rick6

Rick6 Regular member

Is Ripit4me a freebe and will it be in the files here on this site?
    Thanks.

17. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Last I checked it was at Softpedia and free.

18. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Softpedia does have it as well as Major Geeks Link

And I am sure you can find other sites that host the program. The latest copy is 1.7.1.0

Last edited: May 6, 2007
  19. Rick6

Rick6 Regular member

Thanks everybody. I have downloaded Ripit4me and I'm ready for the next movie that tries to give me language problems. Bring it on Sony.

I also downloaded Tinyspell, Looks great so far.

Thanks.

20. surfgeo

surfgeo Regular member

hey Rick6,

hope you enjoy ripit4me... great tool. i'm guessing that you likely read that it is no longer being updated (their website, etc. mysteriously disappeared about a month ago... some sites even banned any discussion of it... apparently the big boys intervened with legal and/or other muscle and vaporized it...), so at some point when some new protection scheme comes from sony, et al, ripit4me will no longer work... and we will need to use dvdfab (freeware) or anydvd (retail) to backup our disks. enjoy it while you can!