1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with mp3........

Discussion in 'Audio' started by SimonX, Feb 23, 2003.

1. SimonX

SimonX Guest

I have a problem after I download some of mp3 files.....So,files have some strange noise,i call it "Electronic Kiss" so you can imagine how it sounds,it appers several times and does not belongs to original song/track....I dont know what the real name of this problem is,or even how it gets on files.....so please,WHAT IS THE PROBLEM AND WHAT IS SOLUTION.........

P.S.Please help........_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Simonx[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2003
  2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Your description of the noise is quite interesting...and frankly I have now idea what you mean by "kiss".

I am just fishing here, but try obtaining MP3s of higher bitrate?

3. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

It's not totally clear to me from what you wrote, but I assume: Only a few of your downloaded mp3s "kiss" your ears - Right?

I don't know the propper word for it either, but I think I know what it is. Probably some data became corrupted (e.g. during downloading). You could try different players/decoder plugins - some handle corrupted frames better than others. What's worth a try IMO: Winamp, MAD plugin for Winamp, foobar2000, XMPlay. To get rid of the errors you could decode and use some audio editor like CoolEdit or the glitch repair function of ExactAudioCopy. BUT BEWARE: IF YOU WANT TO KEEP MP3 FILES DONT DO THAT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO RE-ENCODE AFTERWARDS AND THATS *BAD* FOR QUALITY.

There's another way to at least reduce the errors significantly you could try using mp3DirectCut.
    http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~pesch/
    You have to find the bad frame(s) and either cut it out (and maybe replace by a almost silent frame) or reduce the gain of the bad frame (=amplify) by e.g. -60dB. So you'll get a small dropout that will be hardly audible (sometimes) or at least less annoying than a "kiss".

4. SimonX

SimonX Guest

THAK YOU TIGRE,THANKS YOU ADMIN.......

Ok,when i play it with my CD/MP3 samsung discman i hear it(electronic kiss),but when i play it on winamp i dont hear it(or i hear it verry rare!)....and yes I was repair it by cuting the corrupted frames("repair").....anyway Tigre thank you,you give me everything I need.....

P.S.Some MP3 gets "E.K." when I transfer files trough LAN....

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2003
  5. nickcunit

nickcunit Member

I think I had exactly the same problems and I think the term electronic kiss describes it perfectly, I scoured the forums some months ago for advice and tried everything to fix it that people suggested , none worked !!! The files I found were perfecly ok when I burned them to cd after converting them to wave or downloaded them as MP3 into my Creative Jukebox and indeed believe it or not they always played perfecly with Windows Media Player , I came to the conclusion(right or wrong) that the problem lies in the sound card of my PC (Dell Laptop),or at least within the PC itself. I still have the problem , the left channel seems to be the more affected.Sorry I could not help you more but I just wanted to say that I have been there before.

6. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

I found using the feurio cd burning program and you set 'burn mp3 on the fly' it will test the mp3 as you drop it in the project. It finds 90% of potential mp3 problems. It tells you the potential problem along with the location within the song. This saves you from making bad audio cd's...give the program a try..it's free to try.