1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with my Analog control. Help!

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by gizbug, Jul 3, 2007.

1. gizbug

gizbug Member

My analog control starts in the top left position (although if I move it with the unit off it moves freely as it should). Example, MLB 07, When I am ready to throw a pitch, the ball icon is over the right handed batters head, I have to move it to the strike zone, if I release it, it goes to the top left again. Should I return the unit? Or open it up and investigate?
    Also, how hard is it to install a new one?

2. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

sounds like your analog stick is faulty-if you are still under warranty, you can return it to get it replaced..Or, if you are outside of your warranty, you can definitely do it yourself-its just a matter of taking the faceplate off(theres 6 screws on the back-you will need a #00 screwdriver) and the analog unit is under the faceplate-try cleaning it first, otherwise order up a new mechanism to replace it.

3. gizbug

gizbug Member

Any idea where to find a screwdriver that will fit to take the screws out of the psp?

4. gizbug

gizbug Member

If I squeeze the bottom left of the unit, the thumbstick works fine. If I release pressure, it defaults top left.
    Leaving me to think something is loose. Maybe I should buy a small screw driver and make sure its tighter.

5. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

yeah, you can get one of those precision sets for fairly cheap at an electronics store or ebay, amazon, etc....you need a #00 for those screws on the back so you can get the faceplate off.-or to tighten it

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007