1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem With my Azereus

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by CBVicious, Jul 19, 2007.

1. CBVicious

CBVicious Member

Hi,

This is my first time posting to this sites forum but hopefully someone here can assist me with a Azereus setup problem that im having.

Before I say more, I would like to say that I am a beginner at using the advanced parts of azereus so please explain for me in detail anything technical... Thanx

Anyway, on to the problem. I recently talked my apartment neighbor into a deal to get basically free internet, I helped her to set up her Cable internet to be Wireless, I even bought the equipment to use (I choose a Belkin Wireless G Router), and I was given permission to use her internet in return for setting this up. So, now that I have this wireless internet at my apartment I of course moved right to business, setting up and reinstalling my Azereus to download anime off of Demonoid.com. Now, I have used Azereus for the past year about for my downloads and this is the first time that I have came across a problem like this. I used to use it at my moms house using her wireless internet.

I got azereus set up ok, I checked the NAT/Firewall test of port 53400 to check and it said OK, I did a speed test and it came back good, When I load azereus my download shows up and shows how many peers are available, andit tells me at the bottom how many people are logged on to azereus right now. So it seems to be connected but for some reason or another it wont connect to any of the peers on that it shows are available and the download speed remains at a ever constant 0. WHY?

I tried messing around inside of the router and my computer to change anything that might be interfering. I removed my windows firewall, cut off my Trend Micro and its firewall, I went into the router where I proceeded to disable and enable NAT, PNP, Firewall, and some other stuff that I didn't know what it was so I tested it out to check and see if I got anything... I got nothing. The azereus download that I have up right now still says 0 for a download speed and refuses to connect to any of the 32 seeders or 23 leechers that it says are available.

Please help me... I can't live without anime for to long. LOL :)

Thanx in advance,

Kris

2. vette74

vette74 Member

Make sure you have port 53400 forwarded properly through your router. Also, turn on encryption in Azureus. (Tools/Options.../Connection/Transport Encryption/Require Encrypted Transport)

Click here, find your particular router, and make sure you've completed all the steps.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2007