1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with my laser

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by MrHockey, Jan 1, 2005.

1. MrHockey

MrHockey Member

ok when i try to play various games it stops the game in the middle of it and says the disk u r trying to use may be dirty or damaged. i check all the disks when it says that and they're not dirty or damaged. what should i do anyone that could help would be appreciated. thanx

2. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

you probably suffer from what many xbox owners do. your dvd drive sounds as though it has finally died. if you box is under warranty, you can get a new one from microsoft, otherwise you'll have to order a new one online.

3. MrHockey

MrHockey Member

do u know what the usual warrantys are?

4. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

well thats the beauty of selling peices of feces to the consumers, someone sues. and since someone sued them, they tend to honor any repair on older models...outside of thier one year warranty that have. but..get a really good lens cleaner. the phillips one at walmart seems to do the trick. i picked up a broken box from a buddy of mine, and ran that cleaner on it...and it started reading discs again...so while yes, drives can ShEET out on you, sometimes it only needs cleaned.

5. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

oh..and i like gamecubes dickhead!

6. MrHockey

MrHockey Member

well i alredy tried 2 different cleaners that i got both from best buy. i got the scotch disk cleaner and then i got one that came with this package if u bought a disc cleaning package and the scotch one went through but didnt work and the other one didnt work at all it froze when i tried going through it. do i need a new x-box!?!?!?!?!?!?

7. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

well getting a new xbox would be a waste of money, so if your into that stuff..then go ahead..but if your a normal person...you just need a new disc drive. CALL XBOX FIRST!! Try getting that repair done for free...brb..i will get the number

1-800-4myxbox (1-800-469-9269)

they will ask what its doing, did you drop it etc. as long as your warranty stickers are still untouched...then they will more then likely ask you to send it in to them for free repair (shipping is about 10 bucks)

alright..good luck with that.

8. MrHockey

MrHockey Member

thanx alot to every one who contributed