1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with my new DVD burner. Please help me.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by alf7624, Mar 26, 2005.

1. alf7624

alf7624 Member

Hi, i just purchased a DVD Burner. It came with "Power DVD" software to play movies. When I try to play a DVD, it shows the red FBI warning screen, then I get the following message-

[bold]TheTV Out port of your display card is not working properly.[/bold]

Then when i press on the "detailed" tab, it says-

[bold]This copy protected disc can not be played when the TV out function is enabled.[/bold]

Does anyone know anything about this message. How do i get past this, so i can watch, & burn DVDs with my new burner.

Thank you very much for the help ahead of time.
    -Andrew C.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005
  2. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

It sounds like a macrovision problem.Can you disable the TV Out function of your card while you are backing up your DVDs? AnyDVD should work for you also.
    HW.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005
  3. alf7624

alf7624 Member

Hi, thank you for your help. How do I go about disable the TV Port on my video card? Does it cause problems on my computer? I do not have any special video cards, just whatever came with my motherboard.

Thanks once again.
    -Andrew C.

4. sadsac

sadsac Guest

That's probably part of the macrovision protection. Go into your control panels "device manager" and see if you can't disable your tv out function on your display card. You may also have a separate tv tuner card. Just disable it if you do. Then you can re-enable it when you want.

Sounds like your Power DVD software is detecting the copy protection.

If you can't get it to work, you may have to resort to backing up your store bought DVDs without the copy protection. When you use DVD decrypter, it takes the macrovision and other protections off. You could even decrypt it to your hard drive and play it from there. But that would get time consuming, as your hard drive will only hold so many movies. After you filled it up with movies, you'd have to delete one so that you could add another one you wanted to watch.

5. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

Maybe you should give AnyDVD a try and see if that works then you won't have to bother with the card.
    Good Luck,
    HW.

6. sadsac

sadsac Guest

AnyDvd would work, but I think it costs about $39.

Not to disagree with Hallywood, but if you simply want to watch dvds on your computer, I'd see if you can get the card disabled before spending any more money.....unless you're unlike me and have money to burn.

Now, if you're interested in backing up your DVDs anyway, I'd have to say try out the AnyDvd software. You'd probably be happy with it in the long run. I personally don't have it, but would like to buy it in the future.

7. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Also, if the tv out is part of the motherboard and you can't simply disable it in Windows, you may want to read the manual on the board or visit the website of the board's manufacturer.

You may have to disable it in the motherboard's BIOS.

If those two things fail, there may be a jumper setting on the board for disabling it......

Of course you'd have to open the case to do it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2005
  8. LivnDGirl

LivnDGirl Regular member

Didn't I read that older versions of PowerDVD (if memory serves me Version 5) don't recognize Macrovision, therefore don't do anything to "support" it?

Just a thought, try earlier version of PowerDvD?

9. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Try going into your control panel, display, settings, advanced. See what your video card shows. Sometimes Power DVD program that you get with your new drives is not complete program, see if anyone else you know has this program an uninstall and reinstall.