1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with my ps2?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by xenozelda, Sep 16, 2004.

1. xenozelda

xenozelda Member

Hi, i'm kinda new to ps2 mod and stuff. I have a pre-modded messiah 2 on a scph-39006(v8 i suppose) ps2. When i tried burning ps2 iso on dvd-r, it just goes into the red screen. I have tried dvd+r, dvd-r, both verbatim, and i used dvd decrypter to burn the iso at 2x. When i burn a ps2 cd game(prince of tennis) on a maxell cd-r, it can work but have a sound when reading. I have sucessfully played other dvd-rom games that i have bought. I even tried to copy a dvd-rom game and burn it on a dvd-r disc using nero, but it still can't run(the dvd-rom game can run, but not the burned dvd-r)
    Could it be something wrong with my ps2 that it can't read dvd-r and dvd+r? Because Verbatim is a good brand and i don't think ps2 will reject it

2. pinkyD

pinkyD Member

hello, I am getting my PS2 upgraded to the messiah 2 chip in my PS2 also. Before I used the magic 3 chip but am wanting a more advanced one. Anyways, I copy my own PS2 games and have always had great success. I use the same program as you, dvddecryptor, to burn my backups.

Now the first question I have is...Have you ever played a DVD-R backup copy on your PS2? If you have successfully before then we know it isnt your console.

Another thing may be is that you arent booting the game right on the console. The messiah 2 has a mode on it where it goes into stealth mode(turns off). It may be in that mode where you have to turn it back on to boot the games. Do you know how to function your modchip??

The third thing may be that you just arent copying the games right. When I copy all of my games I use Ritek DVD-R brand. Verbatim is a great brand also but am not familiar with using verbatim. But I do have verbatim discs that work fine that other people have burned on them. Are you sure that you are copying the ISO to the dvd? Because on DVDDECRYPTOR there is two settings you have to go thru, which is to "read decrypt it" and then to "write". And you have to change those settings each time you make a new disc.

Just let me know a little more and I will try to help ya out! ;) P.S also always use dvd-r brand discs
    to copy on, they work much better &
    less money too!

3. xenozelda

xenozelda Member

To say the truth, i can buy pirated games here and they used dvd-rom disc. Without modchip, these pirated one don't work, but with mod, it will. I tried to copy the pirated ones onto dvd-r and it didn't work too. messiah 2 can be disabled by holding reset button 8 secs, and ps1 mode is 2 secs. I copy these dvd-rom using nero, i clicked copy dvd and it reads and burns, but it didn't work
    Btw, what do you mean read to decrypt it and write? I always go to mode->iso->write, then select the iso, burn-proof on, 2x and burn into a dvd-r disc.
    I think maybe my ps2 don't accept dvd-r disc... something is wrong lol. Thanks for your help

4. xenozelda

xenozelda Member

Hmmm, i seemed to know the prob. I let my friend tested my dvd-r disc and it work on his ps2. Erm... is there any solution to make my ps2 read dvd-r disc?

5. pinkyD

pinkyD Member

what I meant is that you have to select from the menu to write it, and then you have to select again from the menu to read it. Just something that people get confused on sometimes.

Anyways...sorry to hear its still not working for you. Obviously if your copies are working on your friends then you are burning them right. All PS2's should read DVD-R. I just dont understand why you say when you bought the copies they work but when you burn them they dont. Something isnt adding up right.

Are you sure that the games you buy are copies? Or are they the real thing? Either something is wrong with your laser or I dunno. Thats all I can think of by what your telling me. The laser is very sensitive to certain types of media so one will work good and others wont. It all depends...but normally verbatim always works with them so maybe your laser is getting worn, or maybe even dirty. Try cleaning it and see if that works.

Also what brand media is the copies that you buy?

6. xenozelda

xenozelda Member

The one i bought is in dvd-rom disc. Is there any reason why my ps2 can't read dvd-r disc while it can read dvd-rom disc, and i can play with no problems. So i don't think the problem is my lens. Just wanna know if there is a few ps2 that don't read dvd-r or +r? lol.
    Thanks

7. pinkyD

pinkyD Member

All PS2's should read dvd-r. I dont understand when you say that you bought copies and they are dvd-rom. As of what I know the only media that you can burn on is DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW. DVD-ROM is normally the original cd's. Maybe I am mistaken but thats the only media that Ive ever known that you burn on...

Obvioiusly the problem is clear...if your burnt disc is working on your friends and not yours, then something must be wrong with your PS2.(If your doing everything right) Thats what I got out of all this. Sorry to be of no more help, good luck!