1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with my PSP ...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by seratonin, Jun 11, 2007.

1. seratonin

seratonin Member

hi,

i'm new at this forum, but i wanted to ask if someone could help me with a problem that i'm having. my psp is a ta-082, and it came with the 2.71 firmware, i downgraded it to 1.5 and then used the new upgrades to switch it to 3.03oe, then 3.30oe and now 3.40oe. (which took alot of trying cause it always gave me a "not existing or invalid dxar" error even when i was using the easy installers that already have the dxar file created or when i created the dxar myself the problem was always the same)

my problem now is that most of the isos that i try to run always block at the intro cinematics or during the game itself or they just don't load at all - the error that i get is: "game could not be loaded" or "game could not be started (80020148)" - even my original umd "smash court tennis 3" freazes all the time.

i've tried a recovery to 1.5 and then upgrading it all the way back to 3.40, and the problem is still the same ...

is there anything i can do to fix this? maybe stay in a lower version like 3.03oe (for example) or use devhook for the games?

any help would be really apreciated, thanks!

2. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

try using 3.30oe-a i use that without any problems at all.
    youll have to downgrade to 1.5 before installing it though.

3. seratonin

seratonin Member

it does sound like a good idea, but the first time i downgraded the psp, i left it at 3.03oe and it still did the same thing.

could it be a bad downgrade or a bad upgrade to the custom firmware? or is it a problem with the actual psp itself?

cause it does work sometimes but then it freazes after a while, or it just gives me the "game could not be started (80020148)" error. i've got all of my isos inside of the ISO folder, so i really don't understand what could be happening.

4. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

hmmm dunno then mate. what we need is a list of all error codes and what they mean.
    anyone offering?

5. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Did you ever mess with any of the configuration on the recovery menu? Thats the only problem i could think of.

6. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

MidnightJ dont you no anywhere we can find all the codes?
    im looking now but no luck yet.

scrap that. just found a list.
    says error 80020148 = PRX type unsupported
    ?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  7. seratonin

seratonin Member

the only thing i tried was switching the No-UMD mode on & off (both continue displaying the same problem) and the kernel mode (using either 3.40 or 1.5) but it still continues on the same.

i really don't understand what could be happening to it, especially since i already downgraded it twice to make sure that every step was done right. the only two things i get are either the "game could not be started (80020148)" or it starts well and then freazes after a while.

says error 80020148 = PRX type unsupported <- sorry, but i really don't understand what this is supposed to be. if anyone could explain it to me, it would be really helpful.

(i've been reading on the fact that it could also be from the memory card - i checked mine under video/memory card/information and it says "MagicGate: Unknown" - could that be the cause of the problem? or is it totally unrelated with what's happening with the isos?)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  8. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

like midnightJ said, have you changed anything in the configurations menu in recovery?
    the fact that its not just one game causing the problem doesnt help like lol.

9. seratonin

seratonin Member

nothing at all, the only two fields that i changed were the "No-UMD Mode" and the "Game Homebrew Folder" (which could be 3.40 or 1.50) apart from that i didn't change anything else.

10. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

in your other matching thread i stated, it's probably a problem with the Video PRX when it was being flashed when u upgraded your PSP, or it just somehow became corrupted, reflash your firmware, and see if that corrects it.

11. seratonin

seratonin Member

Smurff, by "reflashing" you mean downgrading it back to 1.5 and then upgrading it back to 3.xx, right? (or am i completely missing the point?)

12. schism123

schism123 Member

maybe try this :

go into recovery menu
    click on advanced
    click on advanced configuration
    disable all 3 options

13. staxx

staxx Regular member

yes, you can find a recovery winstaller in my signature as well as a winstaller to get to 3.03 oe-c

1. recover to 1.5
    2. 1.5 to 3.03 oe-c

make sure you have a umd game or game demo disc in your tray at all times. Other than what has already been said by other members, the only problem i can think of is the latch for your umd tray being broken...if it is broken or stuck or somehow slides a bit it can cause your psp to think the umd door is open and will then result in your game freezing or error codes.

14. seratonin

seratonin Member

well, i did exactly that and my psp froze in the middle of the recovery process so i was left with a bricked psp! but since it only had a week and it was still under the warranty i got it exchanged for a new one :)

my problem is still the same tho, i was able to downgrade this one to 1.50, e then upgrade it to 3.30oe (cause the winstaller that is on your signature always says that the dxar file is corrupt and it can't finish installing to my memory card), and most of the isos still display the "game could not be started (80020148)" error, since the only thing that is still the same is the memory card, that's the only thing that i can see as a real problem.

i've checked around the forum and some users said that if the memory card says "MagicGate: Unknown" it means that the card is a fake! could that be the problem in my case? cause so far the umd that i have (smash court tennis 3) is running perfectly, without freezing or giving me any errors.