1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with my SHD-162C reading 360 Games with Xbox Creator 2.5.. PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Kblake, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Kblake

Kblake Member

I recently purchased a SHD-162C because I was tried of doing extra stuff to burn games. The drive worked for reading and backing up about 6 games, but now the drive wont read the discs and just pretty much locks up after I put a game into the drive? I have no idea what is going on it just started doing it. Also if I put the game in before I open the XBC program the program wont open until I eject the drive. ANY HELP PLEASE??

2. elmunkee

elmunkee Regular member

is it locking up on all games?

-el munkee

3. navsav

navsav Regular member

Have you tried schtrom - I had issues with xbc and switched to that and it works fine - worth a try.

4. Kblake

Kblake Member

It first locked up when I tried to backup crackdown, but Yes its locking up with all games, and I have tried schtrom, that doesnt work for me either. Has anyone else had this problem?

5. sourD

sourD Regular member

Make sure you are turning off every needless program youve got running. Sounds like your system is out of resources. Anydvd makes it impossiable to backup on my system if its running you may have a similar problem.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

no, have not had any lock up problems. I also am running AnyDVD in my system tray along with my anti-virus and nothing has given me a problem.

Have you tried re-flashing the Kreon firmware to the drive to see if that sorts out the problem?

7. AntMan215

AntMan215 Member

I am having the same problem and I have tried reflashing too many times. It seems like everytime I shut my pc down it stops reading 360 games. I tried using schtrom and it gives me some type of error also. I must have reflashed the drive live 15 times. When it does work, it reads real slow. By the way, this is a brand new drive that I got yesterday. Please help someone. Thanx.

8. sourD

sourD Regular member

most new games like crackdown, earth defense, going as far back as fusion frenzy 2 and star trek require you to copy the ss, pfi, and iso to the hard drive seperately. then merge them together with ssmerge, and finally burn. You may be having issues from not doing enouf research.

9. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

yes games like crackdown startrek have had the issue of burning the iso to hard drive and the ss and other files seperate.
    use isobuster to burn the .iso do this by clicking on the dvd icon and right clicking and choose (EXTRACT-FROMTO). and u can use xbox back up creator to do the ss and other two u need
    when in xbox back up creator click the unlock drive tool twice
    dont select complete back select current partition and then go into image tools and save the ss pfi and dmito the same folder u did the .iso and then use ss merger to merge all 4 and u will get in the same foler as the .iso a .dvd file then just use img burn to burn the .dvd file and it will work i had to use this method for advance warfighter1 and i know this method is used for startrek and crackdown

10. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

AND BEFORE ANYONE ASKS if u download ss merger and it doesnt open or access the file then download networkframe.net from microsoft