1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Need for Speed Carbon and Most Wanted Backups

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by lilg_06, Jun 19, 2007.

1. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

I have backed up need for speed carbon and most wanted for my 360, however I encounter a problem while playing both games, both crash during the first boss race, is there a fix to this problem? I backed up the games using a Liteon burner, ripped the game using a D162 Drive. Any solutions?

2. jontracey

jontracey Guest

3. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

I did use v2.3 for both games, however both have the same problem, even on second attempt to make a fully working backup, these 2 games are the only games I have that are doing this, out of the 25 backups I have these are the only 2 that are not working properly.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

1. have you tried Xbx Backup Creator V2.4
    2. what kind of media do you use
    3. what speed do you burn at
    4. what program are you burning them with.

I have NFS Carbon and it works perfectly.

5. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Yeah, I have tried with XBC v2.4, I burn at 2.4x, to Tuff Disk Media, burn with XBC. Should I try burning with another application?

6. Dremora

Dremora Regular member

It's worth giving it a shot

[​IMG][/img]

7. steimy

steimy Active member

I use IMGburn V2.1 for everything i have done. Also i only use quality discs, Verbatim. You are not using the best media and that could really cause you problems either now or in the future.

If you use IMGburn then remember to do these things:
    1. set the burning speed to 4X (if the max speed of your DVD is 6X or 8X which most are, if not continue trying 2.4X)
    2. set booktype to DVD-Rom if your burner can do that.
    3. select the ISO file to burn and not the DVD file like other programs
    4. manually set the layer break
    tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal. This is only necessary the first time burning a 360 game

I made plenty that way and have yet to have one game that did not work.

8. Dremora

Dremora Regular member

i've heard of IMGBurn but i've never known it to be that good hopefully it will work for you lilg

9. steimy

steimy Active member

I have used it for years, and before that DVD Decypter which is made by the same guy. I have never needed another ISO burning program for any game system.

10. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

I dont think the media is much of a problem, because all my burns work perfectly fine apart from these 2, and I havn't had any issues when burning to the disks either, its just these 2 games, lol, anywayz, I will give it another try and will report back the results. Thanks for the help.

11. Dremora

Dremora Regular member

12. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Ok, I made new fresh ISO files for NFS Most Wanted, by inserting the original disk into my SH-D162C Drive, and using XBC to make the image. I have 2 files, 1 is the layer break file, and the other is the actual iso, I am going to burn them using imgburn this time, and not XBC. So do I need to enter the layer break into imgburn through settings, if so, do I just burn the iso by clicking on it, and not the actual layer break file, or do I just burn the file in imgburn as i would in XBC without changing any settings and burning by double clicking the layer break file, if I need to enter a setting in imgburn, what is the layerbreak value?
    Thanks

13. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Ok, I just read imgburn v2.x+ dont require you to set any layer break value, so I am going to burn NFS now, will let you guys know the results.