1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Nero and Shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by alcameo, Oct 27, 2004.

1. alcameo

alcameo Member

I've been trying to backup ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF A SPOTLESS MIND all day and nothing i do seems to work. I have the newest dvd shrink, which locks up with a "programming error" when i use it (i've already read a lot of posts about this error). so I got the DVD on to my hardrive with decryptor, but when I use NERO to burn it, after about 5 minutes it gets to a point where it SHUTS MY COMPUTER DOWN. anybody know what is up with this?

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi alcameo, welcome to aD,

Solution 1.
    There is a little image of a guy jumping up and down in the menu - isolate it and delete it and you'll be home free.

Solution 2.
    Rip as you did with DVD Decrypter in the ISO, Read MODE, open in DVD Shrink, File, Open image file, allow DVD Shrink to process then, in "Backup" choose "ISO and burn with DVD Decrypter".

Both should do fine -

Let me know how you did -

Pete

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent IV CPU 2.84GHz, 1024MB RAM, 520GB HD.
    Pioneer 107, 8X R/W , Nec R/W ND-1300A, JLMS DVD ROM.
    128MB GeForce4 TI 4200, O/S XP[/small]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2004
  3. bmkarnes

bmkarnes Member

Well I am one of those people who dosen't care about menus and watching trailers, so this is a sure fix open DVD Shrink reauthor the disk and only compress the movie. #1 this reduces the compression on the movie and gives you a better picture and audio. #2 this is great for kids movies cause you just stick the disk in and the movie plays no waiting for menus to load. Just a thought It works flawless for me always it bypasses the little jumping man problem on movies like Dawn of the Dead and the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2004
  4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Note: Be advised that when you reAuthor in DVD Shrink you lose all menu functions - the ability to go back and forward a chapter at a time. If you wish to get to a neat scene you may have to "Fast forward" through 2 hours of movies - to me, that sucks ! But then, I'm not a child.

If you recommend something, there's nothing at all wrong with that, as long as you tell both sides of the coin.

Re-Authoring is much better (if you like it at all) if you use Nero's recode 2 - the same thing can be achived but you maintain all chapter / menu control. Much ignored is recode 2, and a truly great program it is :) To use it is to love it :)

Pete