1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Nero - Compiling

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by LordNorth, Jan 27, 2003.

1. LordNorth

LordNorth Member

Hello!

I just bought my first CD-R(W) drive and have tried compiling my two disk albums to one album.

The problem is that the Nero software that came with the drive seems to bloat the data. Instead of 700mb being approx. 80min, the 80min ends up as like 800+mb.

On the other hand when I use my brothers CD-R(W) with Sony CDExtreme I have no problems getting 80minutes on a disk.

Is there something I should change in Nero (version 5.5.9.14 OEM) that will get 80 minutes on an 80 minute disk?

-OR-

Is there a way to get Sony's CDExtreme to work with my recorder (Polaroid BurnMAX48) Right now it won't recognize my recorder?

-OR-

Is there another program I could download and use to compile music tracks and archive data?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

1 min audio = 10.1 MB disk so you should make it.

I do not know that version of Nero, but I never had problems with it (I assume you used 'Audio CD' option in Nero, not 'CD-ROM(ISO)').

BTW, try using EAC ( www.exactaudiocopy.de ). It is free and it is the best audio ripping/burning program available.