1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with NickJr Movies

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by rally72, Jan 13, 2008.

1. rally72

rally72 Member

Hi everyone, I just built myself an HTPC and I am trying to put my DVD's into the HDD so that i can access them all through Media Portal. Not sure if this is the best way to do it but I have been ripping my DVD's as ISO images and playing them in VLC. It seemed to be ok until I started ripping the Kids Dora's and Diego DVDs. The seem to rip ok, but they do not play at all. Anyone ever rip these movies and if so, what did you use? Also, what is the best format if I want to keep all the menus and options available? Also, is there a format better than ISO that is smaller in size?

Thanks

2. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

rally72,
    What application are you using to side-step around the copy-protections? Also, you can try converting the DVD files into AVI format to reduce size. Here's a guide.

3. rally72

rally72 Member

I used Magic ISO to create an ISO image, but also tried others.

4. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

More than likely, those are copy-protected films. But regardless, you can't extract/create an ISO image file from a DVD instantaneously most especially with a program like Magic ISO. Technically, a VIDEO_TS folder is built first. This folder containing all the DVD files are then converted into a sole ISO image file. You need an application such as DVDFab HD Decrypter to decipher encryptions first. Preferably, you want to decrypt just the main movie. And then, encode those files to AVI using the AutoGK guide I've provided.

EDIT: Also, please note that AutoGK doesn't support ISO formats. So, there's no need to convert the ripped DVD files (VIDEO_TS Folder) to .ISO.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008