1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with no solder modchip

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nemesis_2, Jun 4, 2003.

1. nemesis_2

nemesis_2 Member

Hi,
    I have a version 7 PS2 and a no solder modchip for it. I have tried a tons of different ways to burn cds, with and without patches, and nothing seems to work right. How am I suposed to burn them? Do they require any kind of patch? Also, is it true that this chip doesn't support 80 mins cds? If not, do they still work as long as they don't go beyond the point of 74mins? What kind of cds should I use (brand or color of bottom) and which program?Please help.

2. dante2010

dante2010 Member

I use DVD decryptor to read and burn my DVD backups. I have a no-solder modchip and most of my backups work fine using the swap magic discs. Haven't had to apply any patches yet either. I've backed up about 10 games so far.

I've burned PS1 games on 80 min cds and they work fine as well.

3. nemesis_2

nemesis_2 Member

well I'm only burning CDROM games, cuz I don't have a DVD burner and not planning to get one. So what do you use for cd's? which program and what are all the settings? Do you copy the CD or make an image then burn it? BTW, I'm using GS2 for swapping.

4. 3MiNeM

3MiNeM Guest

You don't need a patch if u have a modchip. The no solder modchip supports burning of ea games, so you don't need a patch for that. You might want a patch if you want to convert a game from pal to ntsc or vice versa. You may also want to consider getting the swap magic swap disks if you want to play 80min cds. If you don't want to get a dvd burner but want to burn a dvd game to a cdr, try ripping, which is discussed in other posts. As far as to what brands to get, I haven't any probs with diff types of brands,

5. nemesis_2

nemesis_2 Member

I would still like to know which program you guys use and which settings for copying the cds.

6. hybridsun

hybridsun Member

Have you tried dextrsLab's PS2 backup tutorial? If you didn't..you should check it out and experiment with the many options you can use..Good Luck

7. nemesis_2

nemesis_2 Member

I tried burning with clone CD and alcohol the same way he said in there, and it didn't work. I know that the modchip is installed fine, cuz I uninstalled it and the tray doesn't open fast when I hold the eject button, and PS1 games don't work obviously (they do work with the modchip). So I have no idea what I'm doing wrong... do you guys think it might be the laser reading the discs? If yes, how do I adjust it?

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Region decoder disks can make all the difference

9. nemesis_2

nemesis_2 Member

and what are those exactly? where do I get it from?

10. 3MiNeM

3MiNeM Guest

get cdrwin, that's what i use. The settings have to be at mode 2/xa. That's probably the prob you're encountering.

11. nemesis_2

nemesis_2 Member

no it's not, that's the settings I use too