1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Nokia 9600

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by tianci, Nov 12, 2007.

1. tianci

tianci Member

Hi to all
    I have a Nokia 9600 and I can't receive channel above 11700MHz.I think is something wrong with 22KHz but I don't have any idea where I search.Can anyone help me with service manual or any idea?
    Thanks

2. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Seems like it could be tuner or lnb, but need a bit more info from you first. has it ever worked above 11,700 or just gone faulty?, Also is there a setting for switching 22khz on/off in your menu system. I suspect that either your receiver 9600 is not sending the 22khz tone needed for switching or the LNB is not switching to the higher Freqs after receiving the tone. Summary Tuner or LNB. You may even have a Non Universal LNB (Lower freqs only) It may say the range on the LNB.
    jbvid

3. tianci

tianci Member

Hi
    The receiver worked perfect until Saturday.It's no Tuner because I tried a tuner from another nokia and I have the same problem,also is not from LNB becouse I have a second receiver and it's ok.I notice that the problem is only at Horizontal channels in high band,Vertical channels is ok

4. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    I'm out of ideas then sorry. Just one more thing, I seem to recall in the software menu something about 22khz, have you had a look? Only thing I would do now is re-install the software DVB2000 or whatever you have in it again, and do a scan on a strong Sat (Astra).
    jbvid

5. tianci

tianci Member

It's strange because 22ΚΗz work on vertical channels and not work with Horizontal channels.I have install an another version of DVB but nothing.I try to install a original version from Nokia.
    Thanks anyway