1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Panasonic DMRE55

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by MeNoRike, Feb 27, 2005.

1. MeNoRike

MeNoRike Member

I've recently discovered a problem with my DVD-r. It's a Panasonic DMR E55 and it records fine. The problem is when I am transferring the discs to my computer, I do not get any of the sound.

I recently tried taking a disc from my friend's recorder and using DVD Decrypter to send it to my computer, and then used MPEG2CUT and it worked fine when I loaded it up in Vegas 5 and it had sound.

But the problem is with a disc from my recorder, doesn't have any sound when I do the transfer from DVD Decrypt etc..

Is there any other DVD recorder I should have bought ? It was $250, so that's around the price range I'm looking for if you have any recommendations for when I can take this back or what I could do to get my sound right.

2. Ian58

Ian58 Member

What type of discs are you using? Does your computer DVD player play the discs you are using. I ask this because I have the same machine and I find using DVD-RAM easy. However, I had to change my computer player to one that could handle these discs.

3. MeNoRike

MeNoRike Member

I was trying to get the sound to come off of a FujiFilm DVD-R disc I had created from the panasonic.

I have a Verbatim digital movie DVD-R(looks like a movie reel) that I got from a friend's DVD set-top DVD writer that decoded perfectly and I was able to edit sound with it.

I'm trying to figure out if I'm having the problem with my DVD player, or if it's just the disc format.

4. MeNoRike

MeNoRike Member

Also, to add to the FujiFilm disc that won't play from the Panasonic recording, the DVD will play sound fine when playing in media player, just won't decode right when I need to edit it in Sony Vegas.

5. Ian58

Ian58 Member

I think it's true for all players that you have to find the media that they are happy with. The Panasonic 55 does not take to "cheap" media. I write stuff on the Panasonic and it plays on my LG GSA-4082B which I bought because it handles DVD-RAM well. I just use Power-DVD to watch it. I use Ritek disks. Verbatim are usually good.

6. MeNoRike

MeNoRike Member

I would think Ritek would be under FujiFilm when it comes to using "cheap" media. Could it really just be the type of disc I'm recording on ? Will one type of disc decode differently than other when transferring the files to a PC? Or is the problem with my DVD-r ?

7. Ian58

Ian58 Member

I can only say what I`ve learned from reading about the Panasonic in other forums. Ritek produce discs under many names. I'm only making suggestions because I have no experience of your computer DVD player. Sorry.