1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with pc please help urgent

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by dreamer2, Jan 18, 2008.

1. dreamer2

dreamer2 Regular member

ok yesterday i ha problem with my pc . i tried to turn it on but it was completely dead. no response or any noise. i opened my pc and checked everything. there was no smell of burning or anything like that.also i opened psu bu it looks ok too. i don't know what the problem is. but before it happened i turned and off my computer 3 or 4 times continuously bcoz some noise was coming. please help as i don't know what the problem is thanks

2. Blackjax

Blackjax Regular member

1st check make sure voltage is set corrrect for where you live. 2nd if you heard buzzing coming from your psu then it sounds as if it may have died. psu's don't normally make those sounds!

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

"some noise was coming"? what sort of noise? if it's a buzzing sound it probably is the PSU at fault, even if there's no smell or anything like that. I suggest you replace the PSU. Make sure you buy a decent quality unit though, not just any old heap, no matter how good it sounds. A Thermaltake Purepower, Corsair VX or Seasonic S12 is what I recommend.