1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Pioneer 107/Record Now

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jssilva, Jun 19, 2004.

1. jssilva

jssilva Member

Hey,

Heres my prob. Got an external USB 2.0 pioneer 107 and a usb 2.0 card. First like 8 DVDs burned fine with the 2.0 then all of a sudden stopped. Cant burn on the usb 2.0 sloy anymore, get errors like- error -9 at sector 800. But if I plug it into the usb 1 port it works fine just takes over an hour to burn, wehereas it takes about 20 mins to burn through the 2.0 port. got a comp usa brand port 20 bucks. using pio data 8x dvd-r.

is it too cheap of a usb 2.0 port? something i messed up? any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry if this was already answered I could not find it . thanks for your help in advance.

-Josh

2. karen2003

karen2003 Regular member

If it's burning fine with the USB 1.1 slot, it sounds like it might very well be something wrong with the USB 2.0 slot. You might want to check to see if your system is reporting any problems with it -- go to control panel, then "system," click on "hardware," then "device manager," look under "USB controllers." Click on "properties" and in the "general" tab it should tell you if it's working properly. Of course if it says it IS and you're still having a problem with it, you'll need to do some other trouble-shooting and hopefully others here can help. (BTW you could also try to use another device in that port -- e.g. a digital camera or a printer or something -- and see if the port works properly with that device.)

Good luck!

3. jssilva

jssilva Member

Transfering files from a USB flash drive works fine, says all drivers are in tact. the thing that confuses me most with this is that it burned about 8 DVDs absoulty fine and then would get to different percents and stop. now it doesnt even finish intliazing the disc most of the time. ive also tried switching the 2.0 card to diff pci slots to no avail. any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for your help

4. karen2003

karen2003 Regular member

Sorry, I'm stumped. Hopefully you'll get lots of other replies -- these boards offer a ton of help. Good luck!!