1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with playback for Sanyo DRW-500

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by DancinDeb, Apr 2, 2005.

1. DancinDeb

DancinDeb Guest

I just purchased 50 Taiyo Yuden DVD+R 4X 4.7GB because this was one of the brands of blank media that Sanyo recommends in the instruction manual.
    I have used 3 of them to record home videos from VCR and they play back fine on the recorder itself but when I try to play them on my Phillips DVD player, one of them has picture but no sound and the other 2 display "no disc". I have finalized them so this can't be the problem. I have also done the firmware update. I have previously used Verbatim Digital movie DVD's and had no problems playing them back on the Phillips. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

2. waarichtj

waarichtj Member

Welcome to the reality of dvd recorders. I used Memorex media with my Sanyo. Recorded everything in +rw. Only ONE disc out of five does not play in my Toshiba, Panasonic, or the Symphonics(3 of which we bought for the kids at Christmas).
    Point being, that the media DOES SEEM to be the intermittent quotient.
    Unfortunately, the day that TDK, Maxell, Verbatim... are frowned upon is pretty sad. I do not no that it the inadequecy of the hardware or the media. But the above example would indicate the media.

3. waarichtj

waarichtj Member

Welcome to the reality of dvd recorders. I used Memorex media with my Sanyo. Recorded everything in +rw. Only ONE disc out of five does not play in my Toshiba, Panasonic, or the Symphonics(3 of which we bought for the kids at Christmas).
    Point being, that the media DOES SEEM to be the intermittent quotient.
    Unfortunately, the day that TDK, Maxell, Verbatim... are frowned upon is pretty sad. I do not no that it is the inadequecy of the hardware or the media. But the above example would indicate the media.