1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with playing backup movies on standalone sony player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Hrvoje123, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Hrvoje123

Hrvoje123 Member

Hi everybody,

I have a little bit older sony standalone dvd player, sony dvp-s525d, and I have problems with playing backup movies on it. I tryed with recording on dvd-r, dvd-rw and dual layer dvd-r. Dvd-r media, player won't even recognize (i checked on several forums wich say that the player is dvd-r compatible). Best results I've got with dvd-rw. That media player recognizes and plays until the cca last third of movie. Then it starts to skip and freeze, making watching impossible. Why this happens only at the end of movie? Why is it harder for player to play data on outer edge of media?
    I tryed to record on several media brands (princo, traxdata, verbatim) but results are the same.
    Please help me!

Thanx

2. sailnaked

sailnaked Member

My Sony DVD standalone player will not play DVD-R media even though it says that this media is compatable. I get a "Dirty Disc" error message with the DVD-R's. I haven't had any problems when I've recorded with DVD+R media. Have used a number of different manufacturers of DVD+R media burned at different speeds with good results. No luck at all with any DVD-R media. I've tried the recorded DVD-R media on three different Sony standalone DVD players with same results.

Since I've set my record parameters to 4300, stopped using stick-on labels, and starting recording at a lower speed (4X rather than 8X)the skipping and freeze up problems towards the end of the movies has been eliminated.Good luck!