1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Playing many Games

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by asrgames, Jan 2, 2005.

1. asrgames

asrgames Regular member

I recently started to have problems with my Xbox freezing when playing games but it would only last for just 1 second it was more like a studder, can anybody tell me whats wrong??

2. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Is your box modded?
    It could be the hard drive otherwise. OR POSSIBLY the dvd drive, but I would wager its the hard drive.
    If its modded then you can see slight stutters and "freeezes" on boot with bad ide or power connections to the dvd / hdd or mobo.

3. asrgames

asrgames Regular member

No it's not modded, but why would it be the hard drive, i thought it would maybe be the DVD-ROM?

4. asrgames

asrgames Regular member

It freezes and studders during game play, like in Ninja Gaiden it freeze for just 1 second, never more than 1 second and sometimes the sound will loop for a sec or just cut out.

5. kopkilla

kopkilla Guest

buy a new one...things will only get worse and if you try to fix it it might end up costing as much. Get a refurb one at ebgames.com or gamestop.com
    DUMMASS

6. 8u88|3

8u88|3 Member

same problem..but mine is modded and freezes completed instead of 1 sec.

7. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

[bold]ASRGAMES[/bold]: check if the mobo is fine and make sure ur xbox isnt full of dust inside and also check your dvd drive lens.
    [bold]8u88|3[/bold]: its normal so in system settings change videomode to auto and if that wont fix it then use enigmah and change to other video-mode and if that wont work either try burning the game with complex tools(u will need to dload and ftp it in your xbox or use autoinstaller deluxe 1.0)and that will autopatch game and if that wont work then dload a patch and rename the original default.xbe to game.xbe and ftp the new default.xbe