1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*PROBLEM with playing PSX games on 3.80-5*

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Wolf873, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Wolf873

Wolf873 Member

Hey, can anyone help me here. I try to play Alone in the Dark: The new nightmare on psp but it doesn't work, after the PSX logo, a screen pops up asking me to select 'O' for NTSC or 'X' for PAL, after that it just goes blank not even the memory-card light blinks, PSP doesn't gets stuck I just exit by pressing home button. Here's what I have tried.

*I don't use Popsloader, since other PSX games work without it and I have 3.80 M33-5. I did try using POPs, no matter what version I select my psp gets stuck so I disabled it.

Ok, I tried programs such as AutoPopstation-4, Simple-Pop, Dark-Alex's MD Pop and Impaler PSX. Now many of these create perfect Eboots which didn't give me any problems for other games. They say Bin is the way to go rather than ISO, and I tried both. The ID for the game is SLES-02081 on disc 1, and on disc 2 it says SLES-12801 (I don't if this should matter because Eboot is created regardless of that difference).

I'm pretty sure the game worked on my 3.40-OE-A, so any help would be appreciated.

2. Wolf873

Wolf873 Member

Anyone? I have done numerous searches but they yielded no fruits.

3. Wolf873

Wolf873 Member

Can anyone please give me any solutions to the problem.

4. rickem

rickem Regular member

Have the same prob with Metal Gear Solid. the Game was made for 3.71M33-4 but now it wont go past the playstation logo. You'll have to find a compatible eboot for newer firmware.

5. acidy

acidy Regular member

@ Wolf873 :)
    You need popsloader ^_^
    The reason for your PSP getting stuck when you choose the firmware is because you don't have the files for that firmware >_>
    I can give you the .prx files for "3.40" ^_^
    I'll PM (Private message) them to you as soon as I upload them ^_^
    After you download them, extract the "files" and then place the "files" (Not the entire folder, juz the files) to your "X:\seplugins\popsloader" folder of your PSP (Where "X" is your PSP drive)

So, when you start your PSX game, start popsloader and then only choose the 3.40 option or else your PSP will freeze if you choose any other >_>

@ rickem :)
    You too try the same thing ^_^
    Metal Gear Solid worked properly for me on the 3.52m33-4 firmware ^_^
    I dunno about 3.40 but still give it a shot :)

6. Wolf873

Wolf873 Member

OK thanks very much, I got them. I'll let you know if it works out or not after work. >_<

7. Wolf873

Wolf873 Member

It worked. The game runs fine, but there skipping of lines and some faltering of music. But it only works with single disc Eboot, is there a way to play Multi-disc Eboot?

8. acidy

acidy Regular member

No idea dude >_>
    3.40 does not have multi-disk support >_>
    Only 3.71m33-4 has it >_<
    Well, the skipping of lines etc. used to occur in your 3.40 OE-A ??? o_O
    Also, in your "X:\seplugins\popsloader" folder, do you have the file "idcanager_old.prx" ??? :)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  9. Kimbrough

Kimbrough Member

can someone help me with pandora on slim.

10. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@Kimbrough
    Wrong thread.

Start a new one and please be more descriptive 'help me with pandora on slim'. Need more details then that.