1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with pre-modded ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by maix2, Jun 8, 2003.

1. maix2

maix2 Member

hi, my brother bought a pre-modded ps2 from http://www.gocybershop.ca (i think) it has the magic2 no swap modchip... it plays ps1 games, imported cd games, burnt cd-rs and ps2 cd games, but does not play ANY dvd's, i looked it up and it's a version 7 ps2... any ideas? i tried alllll of the boot up directions that they sent me and dvds will still not boot up... my bro is pissed lol :/

2. bddarkman

bddarkman Regular member

try to use differnt dvd-r media and use nero to burn it at 1x no faster,also try to back up a movie dvd to see if that works.

3. JVegas

JVegas Regular member

That's funny. a customer of mine just sent in a Magic 3.1 Version 7 premod from them that stopped playing DVD discs too. I installed a DMS3 and it did the same thing.

Turns out the board was fried and so was the laser

Humm..

4. maix2

maix2 Member

well it was burnt at 1x and the thing is it doesn't play original dvd games either.. it plays all cds and cd-rs but not any dvd... pop in a ps2 dvd game and it doesn't work.. pop in a ps2 CD game and it works.. *sigh*

5. JVegas

JVegas Regular member

Did you try a Movie on DVD-R. A regular PS2 will play those, so if that will not play then it's prabably the system.

Ask them for an exchange.

6. maix2

maix2 Member

i have tried movies... my bro already sent it once for them to fix it and they sent it back.. still doesn't work... was wondering if its a thing i can fix myself.. he's already pissed off about paying the shipping to them and getting it sent back w/o it working