1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with PS2 V12 laser

Discussion in 'PS2' started by lucifer69, Nov 6, 2004.

1. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

very intresting info i had heard that quite a few v12 ps2 were being returned not working to retailers maybe this is the reason

3. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

yeah this is bad but the good thing is that they give us the solution good for matrix team.
    and i don't know why $ony keep doing ps2 with this problem laser.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2004
  4. e3e4520

e3e4520 Member

I think it's because they don't want us to play backups, so they make their machine as weak as possible to only play originals.

PS2 is the worst console (durability) I've ever owned, if it's not because of the games I would never want another PS2. But you gotta admit it, PS2 has kickass games.

5. damienl

damienl Guest

I don't think they'd put lousy lasers in PS2's on purpose. After all, it's supposed to be able to play all kind of DVD movies, even the ones on DVD+-R(W).
    IMO, the next batch of v12 will have a fix (maybe similar to the matrix team one) for this problem.
    Anyway, I wouldn't buy a v12 PS2 in a retail store at the moment. Either buy one with the fix already applied (I know that some modshops do it by default, like the romeo mod) and a good warranty in case it breaks up or wait until Sony say something about the problem (if they ever do).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2004