1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with PSP, bricked?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by broc455, May 5, 2007.

1. broc455

broc455 Regular member

My PSP has been acting pretty strange it seems that it turns on half the opening screen turns on but then it just freezes and tats anoying. I think its because i flashed it. But i used generic flasher and put my rco of the skull opening thing then it flashed through then i presses triangle and then the screen went black and i took the batery out because nothing else was working and then it just keep doing a quarter of the opening thing. Is this a Brick? a semi-brick? or none of these a is fixable? thanks or thanks anyway in advance.
    Broc4

2. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

it's a semi-brick but those can only be fixed in cfw's by overwriting the flash with a firmware dump of their choice (or running the update from recovery mode)

3. broc455

broc455 Regular member

o ok so how do i overwrite it with the firmware cos my PSP wont go on recovery mode or USB mode (if needed) becuase it freezes half way through the little movie thing at the start and freezes from threre

4. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

........ why did you flash it? for what purpose

5. broc455

broc455 Regular member

yes, i did flash it through generic flasher (for the wave backgrounds and icons and stuff). but... it completed the flashing then when i went triangle and frooze black screen then i took the batery out and booted it up again then boom! freezes half way through the startup screen thing. it may be because i put tat skeliton wave thing in the waves folder on my PSP generic flasher folder but it just didn't work and decided to semi-brick it i think.
    But waves should go in the waves folder.

6. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

how can you customize your psp if in the last topic you posted you said you have 3.40 but not the oe, so im assuming you have sony firmware, and i dont think you can do things like that to it

7. broc455

broc455 Regular member

oh did u read another thread of mine, that was my friends PSP i let him use my acc to write a question but anyway i customize my PSP using generic flasher and u put the wave (rco compattables) into the wave folder and the icons into the icons folder but it just semi-bricked (assuming) but i gave my PSP to some guy at the swap meet computer sale and he says he can give me a modchip in my PSP for 65$ australian.