1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Punisher!!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Josh133, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Josh133

Josh133 Member

Hi this is my first post,and i hope i can get some advice.I have tried to back up the Punisher with Shrink and i keep getting an error saying an exception occured,handle is invalid.what am i doing wrong,any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

2. JoshB

JoshB Member

Yea me too..When it encodes it just drops away after 2%..I reauthored it okay though.Bought it at Wal-Mart thought it was a bad disk,Guess not!!Oh I even got the same error exception occured trying FULL BACKUP.

3. JoshB

JoshB Member

Well I can tell you DVDShrink 3.1.7 will take care of the Punisher Problem..I just made a full back up with the older version....DO IT it will WORK

4. Josh133

Josh133 Member

I ended up just backing up the main movie without the extras and it worked just fine,i backed up The Ladykillers,and Soul Plane and they did fine,maybe it has to do with the extras?Thanks for the help it is nice to know there is a place with people that will help a guy out.Thanks again

5. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

Jose133,
    The problem you encountered is with the unreferenced material section. If you make sure the "title menus" in there is configured for a still image you wont have any problems. So far Lions Gate is the only studio that has used that trick that I know of. You can either enter your own picture or use the default image; also the DVD Shrink site has others for download that look like they are from the studios, which makes your DVD look more professional. Just thought I would add my $.02 to help anyone else out there that might encounter the same problem :)

6. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

Oops sorry guys..

I saw the title of the thread and thought it was about my wife.

I'll go now.
    Yes, I'm coming dear...!

7. JoshB

JoshB Member

[bold]Lucky You[/bold]..We have solved the Punisher problem!!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2004
  8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I'm not sure what's going on, but I just finished Punisher with out changing anything other than some editing in extras and it worked perfectly.

I enabled auto burn with nero and used advanced analysis with AEC setting of max smoothness and had NO problems.

I have done other Lions Gate films and had no problems either.

The ONLY thing I can think of that was different was i had AnyDvd running in the background. (it's always running in the background, it comes on with startup.) That would help in getting around encryption but not with anything else, such as unreferenced material.

So, I am puzzled as I have heard of a couple other guys having problems with this movie. It only came out Tuesday so I guess we'll see as time goes by.

9. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

lol ... I also did Punisher, Ladykillers and Soul Plane.

Anyhow, I rip everything first with DVD Decrypter.

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

LOL, that Soul Plane has to be one of the worst movies ever! But man oh man, it's got some butts and babes. lol

11. ShopSMart

ShopSMart Member

Well I followed GeeDaddy all you have to do is goto unreferenced material and click on compression change it from auto to still image. Then just bak it up no problems works like a dream.