1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem With Rar Files (Haven't Seen This Discussed)

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Vegeta849, May 15, 2003.

1. Vegeta849

Vegeta849 Member

Okay, well I've got a backup & it's seperated into different rar files titled:
    UB22.rar, UB22.r00, UB22.r01 and so on until UB22.r09. Inside each file is a .bin file, except inside UB22.rar, it has a .bin & CUE. What I want to do is to join all of these .bin files into one. I have tried double clicking on each of the files, but it just asks me what to open them with. I have WINRAR, and know that I probably have to extract all of these files, but ALL of the .bin files are named the same thing! Their sizes are almost all the same too. So it's impossible to extract them all to the same folder unless I rename all of them, which I DO NOT want to do. I have burned other .bin/CUE files & ISO's before, but have never encountered this problem. PLEASE HELP ME!!

ADMIN EDIT: Do not post in all-bold.

Last edited: May 15, 2003
  2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

there should be a .rar file, drag and drop the bin/cue files out of it into a folder or something and it wille extract from all files, you see, there really is only 1 bin and cue but they have been put in rar files so that they could be downloaded from news servers!

3. Vegeta849

Vegeta849 Member

Well I've tried that many times, and it doesn't work. It only extracts the .bin from the .rar file, & leaves the others alone. I know this, because the size of the extracted .bin is about 320 MB, and there are 2 or 3 other files that are that size too (not compressed). I've been using the latest version of WINRAR, but should I try a different program or something?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]The only thing that can stop Microsoft is an army of starving crazed weasles with machine guns.

"Now don't make me take off my sunglasses!"[/small]

Last edited: May 15, 2003
  4. Dela

No, in the rar file, do you see all the files listed??

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Vegeta849,
    You should have a total of 22 WinRar files? If so, right click the UB22.r00 file and click extract here or make a new folder and right click UB22.r00 and select extract files and locate your new folders and extract.

Shoey :)

6. Vegeta849

Vegeta849 Member

No, in the ACTUAL .Rar archive, there are only the .bin & cue files. The rest can be opened with WINRAR, but the extensions are .r00 etc. I have tried this "extracting a certain file & expecting the rest to be extracted too" method sooo many times, & it doesn't work like that. Is there an alternative at all?

7. Dela

In the rar file you just drag out the .bin .cue files and that should then extract from the rest of them, or as shoey said, if therss no rar with them .r00 or .r01