1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with RB/CCE

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Mort81, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I have purchased and downloaded CCE Basic. I have also downloaded DVD Rebuilder, AviSynth, and DGDecode.dll file. I have checked the required settings under mode and options in DVD Rebuilder. I have also filled in the path to CCE basic and path to decoder in the DVD-RB setup panel.

About 5 min after I start RB/CCE I keep getting an error "Frame size 728x56 is not supported. Supported frame size is up to 720x576" Can anybody help me resolve this problem please? Thanks.

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

That means you're getting some sort of error with AviSynth. Look in your working directory and you'll see a directory called D2VAVS that has the Avisynth scripts (AVS files) created by DVD-RB. You can open them directly in a media player to see what the error is. Windows Media Player may or may not play them. If it doesn't you can use VirtualDub or Media Player Classic.

3. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Thank vurbal, I tried to open them with media player and Windvd6 but they wouldn't work. I'll try VirtualDub.

4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Well so much for that. I don't know how to use virtualdub and wouldn't know what I was looking for if I did.I loaded the D2VAVS into it and it just showed a bunch of V01....... through V07........ numbers.

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Weird thing is when I download DVDRebuilder with the install and try to run it, it tells me "you must first have AviSynth" I have downloaded AviSynth actually twice. Once in C:/program files and once just in C:. If I download DVDRebuilder without the install pack it will open and run fine. Very frustrating. I had a bad feeling about buying CCE. Should have followed my instincts.

6. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

CCE Basic may be regarded as one of the best, but for ease of use it is crap. I don't know how they can Justify the cost. Yes I did buy the full version but for backing up DVD's I prefer CloneDVD2 with AnyDVD. It's easy, User friendly, Does the new Protection's & and is cheap.

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I already have ANYDVD and the trial version of DVDCopy3 (probably second best to RB/CCE) Should have saved my money and purchased DVDCopy3 ($59). I tried CloneDVD2. It was ok.

8. vurbal

You'd need to load an individual AVS file to see the error. Alternatively you could just download the installer here:
    http://dvd-rb.dvd2go.org/modules.php?name=Downloads

That will install everything you need (except CCE which you obviously already have installed).

9. vurbal

First off you're comparing apples to oranges. CCE is an MPEG encoder not a DVD backup program. If you're saying DVD-RB is difficult to use I'd be curious to know what you found difficult about it. Second, they justify the price by selling a personal version of the world's best encoder for cheaper than any other comparable encoder besides TMPGEnc.

10. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

vurbal,

Thats the installer version I was refering to that won't run after it's downloaded because it tells me AviSynth is not installed.

11. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Mort81: You said you downloaded avisynth but that's not the same as installing it. Are you sure you have avisynth installed or just downloaded?

12. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Kingd,
    Yes it is installed. I installed it again just to be sure.

13. vurbal

If AviSynth is installed (and clearly it is since you're getting an error from it) all you have to do is download the plugin DVD-RB needs (DGDecode) and put it in your DVD-RB directory. Then in DVD-RB's Setup window (Options Menu->Setup) you need to set the Path To Decoder to point there. Like I said you should look at one of the AVS files to see exactly what the error says but I'm betting that's the problem.

14. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Thanks vurbal,

I have not only downloaded and tried DGDecode.dll as the path to decoder but have downloaded and tried MPDDec3dg.dll as the path to decoder as well.

I read in another forum that there should be a box that says "Add to AVS file" in the DVD-RB setup panel. I do not have this.

15. vurbal

That option has apparently been removed. I know that if the decoder path goes to dgdecode.dll it will automatically add it. You should set the path to that and run Prepare (in 3 click mode). Then get Media Player Classic and play an AVS file. If it gives you an error about not having a function called Mpeg2Source you can open the AVS file with Notepad to see if there's a line with the LoadPlugin function and the path to dgdecode.dll on the first line. If you get a different error post it here and I'll see if I can figure it out.

16. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

vurbal,

Wow, it's working, so far he haw. I downloaded and installed the most rescent version of AviSynth and it's working. Apparently my version was outdated. Thanks for everything.

17. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

vurbal,
    Where can I find your guide for RB/CCE? I understand you explain how to set the dvd target size in there. Mine are turning out about 4436 mb (too big) and I would like it to be about 4350 mb. Thankyou.

18. vurbal

Follow the second link in my signature for my advanced guide. It's a little out of date but it should give you the information you need.

19. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Thanks vurbal,

I realized that about 1 min after I ask, duh. I'm going to give CCETargetSectors=2236000 a try.

20. sytyguy

sytyguy Regular member

Yes, it does support bitsetting of +R, according to the following, but I don't know how this is accomplished.....it could be through some software you might have to download from the LG site.

http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/172/9

HTH,

Rich

[bold]Please disregard, I posted to the wrong forum, so sorry.[/bold]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005