1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with removing the region coding

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by azmodien, Apr 21, 2004.

1. azmodien

azmodien Member

I wish to burn some PAL dvds but I am having trouble getting them to play on my region 1 player.

I have the files ready to burn and they have been authored as region free (I wasnt the one who authored).

I then used IFOedit to remove all traces of region encoding, it said that RCE was not present and then it enabled all regions.

After I burned it, it wouldnt play in my region one player. I just get a message that says that the disc is unable to be played because it is from a different area.

Is this because of the PAL encoding? How can I override this problem? I was reading somewhere about being able to 'trick' the player into thinking that the disc is NTSC.

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Nothing to do with region !!

It is ALL about not beig able to play PAL on your NTSC system.

I reside in PAL country (U.K) so never needed to do the conversion from one format to the other as we are able to play both PAL & NTSC.
    I would highly suggest looking into converting from PAL to NTSC [search messages as many have asked] although it's not always an easy or trouble free process...

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member