1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with ripped video and compression with Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by blinkman, Jan 27, 2005.

1. blinkman

blinkman Member

I've been reading these forums for a few months but this is my first post, so thanks to everyone who's helped me out without knowing.

I used Vobblanker to take out the extras on Freaks and Geeks disc 1 and ripped the disc to my hard drive. When I open the file in DVD Shrink 3.2 it will only shrink the disc to 84.7% and won't go any lower, which I need it to do because the compression isn't enough to get it on the DVD+R. I'm sure this is a common problem and I'm a buffoon for asking, but I would appreciate any help on this.

Thank you,

~WB

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  2. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

You could always split the chapters and put it on 2 discs. If you have to have it on one you could do a 2-pass shrink. By that I mean shrinking to maximum percent and saving to your Hdd as an .iso. Then opening the shrunk .iso and shrinking it again. You can try playing with the AEC settings but with the latter method you will definatly be sacrificing quality for quantity.