1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with ripping disk...

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Acc2, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Acc2

Acc2 Member

I like to copy discs and play them leaving my original discs in mint condition on my shelf... The other day i purchased the saw and it seems to have some immortal encryption or something because it won't decrypt. I have used both dvd dycrypter and DVDshrink. Both get stuck and an error appears.

Are there any other ways i can back up this film?

Also this happened to my copy of dreamcatcher as well.. is there a certain type of disc or file encryption that these programs have trouble with?

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

I backed this up over 2 weeks ago with shrink and nero. Not a single problem. Make sure to buff out the disc the best you can. The slightest most insignificant looking mar can affect the ripping process. There are also problems with the data on the disc themselves. DVD video are not ever %100 free of defects. If after you've cleaned the disc you still can't rip it, exchange it for another copy. Good luck.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2005
  3. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

4. Acc2

Acc2 Member

Can you expand on what you mean by buffering? And how can i do this in DVD shrink?

Oh yes and sorry for going off topic i am just being lazy... again i appoligise but will i encounter any problems if i copy a series. i.e. A DVD with 4 episodes of something on?

5. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Are you referring to my comment on buffing? What I mean is polish, clean, remove any dust, particles or scuffs from the DVD itself.

And no, if your programs are set correctly you shouldn't have a problem backing up any dvd.