1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with router and streaming from computer

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by neojapan, May 27, 2007.

1. neojapan

neojapan Regular member

ok this is my problem,I have vista with WMP11 and a linksys wireless router WRT54G now I can connect my router to the PS3 wirelessly but as soon as I enable the the media server it kicks me out of the playstation network and I can't connect back until I disable the media server,has anyone experienced this problem or if anyone can't help I would appreciate it

2. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

I have, I get that alot.. same router... I read somewhere it could be interferance with other devices and the router... It happens for bout a sec or so then works.... I thinking in getting a wireless G/A router, instead of a g/b or a wireless n router and card...

3. neojapan

neojapan Regular member

the weird thing is mine signs me out then I try setting up the connection again throught the ps3 and it picks up the wireless signal gets the ip address,but can't connect to the ps3 network until I disable the media server

4. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

i cant get my pc to see my ps3 at all nero wont work neither will wmp11 wont is blocking the two from talking to each other cable internet linksys wired router and both connect to the internet fine not to mention that orb works and linux sees my shared files from my windows pc when i click on the network tab