1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with running game

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by broc455, May 16, 2007.

1. broc455

broc455 Regular member

i'm currently running 3.03 oe-c on my PSP and am no stranger to the whole PSP concept. But i'm having trouble starting a game that I downloaded called "Pilot Academy". It wasn't working at all at first it just said "game could not be started 80020148" but then i read this thread and it says "some games require the no-umd option in recovery mode to be turned off" so i turned it off and it booted up normaly and then the game boot video faded out (usually meaning that the game was going to start) but it stayed black and i ended up taking the batery out. My other games work so i downloaded another "Pilot Academy" but that still didn't work. But a strange thing happened... when i first put the game on my PSP it worked without a UMD in the drive! i got as far as finishing putting in my username thingo for saving games and things but it frooze on me. So i took the batery out and rebooted it. i tried booting up the game again and it didn't work it just said after the boot game video "game could not be started 80020148". so then i went into settings and checked out how my system settings were going if this had anything to do with the strange phenominom and them it said "internal error restoring defaualt settings" it shutdown on me.
    how can i just get my "Pilot Academy" game to work again? And what do you think of this phenominon?

2. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

did you put a umd in the drive?

3. broc455

broc455 Regular member

yes of course that was the first thing i checked