1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem With Shrink and Friday Night Lights

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bhaber44, Jan 23, 2005.

1. bhaber44

bhaber44 Member

I have been trying to backup Friday Night Lights with DVD Shrink because it is too large for DVD decrypter but i keep getting a msg after 2% of the transfer from the disc to the computer, about a handling problem and unable to complete disk. Can anyone help?

2. Blenn

Blenn Member

I get exactly the same thing with Shrink and Friday Nights.

Weird. Must be one great protection they have going on there. I also ripped it first with DVD Decrypter. I wonder if anyone else has the solution?

Paul

3. Kilika777

Kilika777 Guest

I did it last night. The only thing I had to remove to make it fit was the French and Spanish language. Then it all fit and cam out perfect. I used the Decrypter and the shrink together with nero. Hope this helps. It did take about an hour and 45 minutes from start to finish though.

4. gatlin01

gatlin01 Member

I used shrink and anydvd on Friday Night Lights, with no problems.

5. Blenn

Blenn Member

I used exactly the same set up as Kilika777 - but it wont let me shrink. I am using the LGGSA super Multi external USB2.0 drive by the way. Dunno if thats the problem.

Paul

6. Kilika777

Kilika777 Guest

"I am using the LGGSA super Multi external USB2.0 drive by the way."
    I have no clue what that means Benn....I just bought my computer. I downloaded it directly to the computer. Could that be the problem? Also, I downloaded a program that runs in the background when using decrypter and shrink. I got it from this site. It is called DVD region +CSS. Not sure what it does, but it said I needed it when I justed to burn DVD's.

7. Kilika777

Kilika777 Guest

"I am using the LGGSA super Multi external USB2.0 drive by the way."
    I have no clue what that means Blenn....I just bought my computer. I downloaded it directly to the computer. Could that make a difference? Also, I downloaded a program that runs in the background when using decrypter and shrink. I got it from this site. It is called DVD region +CSS. Not sure what it does, but it said I needed it when I justed to burn DVD's.

8. JordanC7

JordanC7 Member

I had this problem too. I just started burning a couple of weeks ago and Friday Night Lights is the only movie I haven't been able to burn but I found a post that allowed me to encode with DVD Shrink.

Actually, it's a encoding error. What I did (and it works) was the same I had to do with Bourne Supremacy. Do this.

1.Use DVD Decrypter to pull it off the disk onto the hard drive.

2.Once You've done that open DVD Shrink and pull the files into it. (open files).

3.Goto "unreferenced materials", It will be on your left top. Once you click on unreferenced maaterials you will see an option on the right. By default it says "automatic", Change it to "still picture". Press Backup and your all set.

Hope this has helped.

Still haven't burned the movie yet but atleast this allowed me to encode it so it's the best advice I've got so far.

9. Blenn

Blenn Member

Cool!. I ended up encoding it but I had to encode only the main movie. The extras seemed to cause the problem.

Paul

10. JordanC7

JordanC7 Member

It worked perfectly for me! Excellent quality, extras included and encoded and burned without any more problems and without taking long.

11. lprophet

lprophet Guest

I also have had the same problem , with the same movies. (Friday Night Lights and Bourne Supremancy). I'm using Decrypter and Shrink , and burning with Decrypt. Let you know if it works.

12. trublue01

trublue01 Member

i think i used xcopy platinum on Friday Night lights. had no luck with shrink

13. lprophet

lprophet Guest

Jordan C7's solution WORKED. I was able to burn The Bourne Supremancy , and Friday Night Lights , using his fix. THANKS , JordanC7

14. olamite

olamite Regular member

i used shrink alone for both movies,no problem!

15. unknownu

unknownu Member

I just tried DVD Shrink 3.2 on "Friday Night Lights" and had the same error problem, whether I used AnyDVD or not. I finally tried DVD Shrink 3.1.7 and it worked fine with or without AnyDVD. I tried DVD Shrink 3.2 again and had the same problem. I tried this four times. Using DVD Shrink 3.2 has the error and DVD Shrink 3.1.7 does not. Try it out... it may