1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Shrink for the 1st time.....

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Nututhis, May 3, 2004.

1. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

I've ditched X Copy Platinum & have been using Shrink for a month now. Until now I haven't had any problems. I have a dvd I want 2 back up that is 7.47Gb. After Shrink runs the analysis The green & red top bar says it has a size of 4,644Mb and when I click Backup it says the dvd size is too big & if I continue it may not be able to burn the results. The Audio has

Audio AC3 5-ch English 733MB
    AC3 2-ch English 312MB

Subpicture English 9Mb

It doesnt have any foreign languages to cut out. Only 1 menu file and 1 extras file. The movie compression is on auto. When I try 2 burn it asks for a larger size dvd. Any suggestions???

2. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

have you clicked on re-author, highlited the main movie clicked on compression settings.

this should allow you to see if there are any other foriegn subtitles you can remove and with compression set to auto it should fit the movie to your disc.

3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Hi nututhis,sup viper
    The only thing I can add to this, is you can also cut off, or compress, the credits, for just a wee bit more wiggle room(i compress the end credits)see this guide:http://www.dvdshrink.info/mixed-compressions.php

They show in this guide, that you can even compress selected scenes in the movie(non action)altho i dont do that.(this guide is for an older version of shrink but it works just the same)
    good luck
    blaze on
    jim
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]you should never take life too seriously....you'll never get out alive!!
    procrastinate now...dont put it off till tomorrow
    if you can read this..you dont need glasses.[/small]

Last edited: May 3, 2004
  4. mastaprk

mastaprk Regular member

You can also get rid of the AC3 2-ch English if you want and only keep the 5-ch English audio option.